Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to replace my older set of Willie and Max throw overs with a set of Viking fixed bags. After a little research, I choose the Vikings based on the size and the price. I was concerned with the quality because they are a lower cost bag but I was surprised when I got them. They were better than expected. The installation is supposed to be simple, but the bolts supplied with the kit were too short. Other people on the internet have said the same thing so I expected trouble. For everybody's information, If you have a backrest installed, you will need a 110mm long 8mm bolt to make this install work. Anyway, I think these have a cleaner look and I am interested to see how they will wear over the next few years. Thanks for looking.

Boulevard w viking bags by Milkhouse Studio, on Flickr

Boulevard w viking bags #2 by Milkhouse Studio, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
They've got a nice rounded line to them that closely matches the fender. They look good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Those do look good. I put on a set of smaller Viking quarter circle bags last spring that I got NIB on ebay for $104. They are holding up great and the bag contents stayed dry through two days of rain on my trip last summer. You should be pleased.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have had these Viking bags on my GZ-250 for a year and they still look like new, as an added bonus they have a optional keyed lock installed.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I had real problems with Viking when I've dealt with them in the past. Glad to hear you did better than I ever did with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got a set on my C50. All in all, pretty good value for money, and they seem well made. I put removable locking mounts on mine, and the bags lock too. Only problem is I ended up with 4 keys! Oh well...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great looking Bags. I have a few products from Viking. They have good quality products. What kind of little tail bag is that on the bike?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's one of their larger tool bags. I bought it because it was on sale and then decided it looked OK on the back. It is large enough to fit a couple of sodas or a water bottle for a short day trip.

·
Super Moderator
8,878 Posts
Sunny, those look like just the Viking bags that my girlfriend bought to go on her Vulcan 900 Classic. She's quite happy with them. They look good, hold a decent amount, and lock. Hope you enjoy yours, too. They look great on your C50!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts