Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! my name is Teresa. I just joined a few moments ago and still trying to figure out how to get around on the site. i have been riding for a few years and at end of last summer upgraded from Vulcan 500 to C50. I need adjustments for a more comfortable fit. i sit in the middle of the seat for a better reach to the handle bars, even though i added 3" risers, it wasn't enough pull back. any suggestions on a better seat that would bring me forward, pull back handle bars that have a closer width than the stock ones and back rest? any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome! A mustang seat would put you more forward. About an inch I think.

Reactions: naturehiker

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey from South Central Kentucky. I too have been fine tuning the comfort of my C50. mine was not too bad to begin with, and I was mostly looking to get rid of butt burn, but the modifications I made seem like they would help you as well. Maybe... First I put on an airhawk R pad, but that was just for backside relief. Then I added a mustang seat. At first I was dismayed that it moved me forward, but as I adjusted, I liked it. I then added a grasshopper backrest, but found that the handlebars kept me too far forward to fully utilize it. I just put on Jim's spacers to bring the bar back a little and now it is just right. I think you have already taken care of that to some degree with your risers. How much farther do you need to get the bars back or yourself forward? That will determine how you go. I am sure that someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! do u no if there is only one model mustang seat available that would fit the C50 or would there be several to choose from that would fit the C50?

·
Registered
670 Posts
there is an 01 to 08 and an 09 and up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a 2009 C50. the mustang seats I've seen on eBay, so far, are all "wide touring" style. I was wondering if there is a narrower style mustang seat available that would fit my bike.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The "wide" in the wide touring seats is the back part where I tend to be a little wider. ;-) Up at the tank it is certainly no wider than the stock seat and may be a little narrower. I tend to sit closer to the tank with the mustang, but that may be because I am farther forward. BTW, I have an 09.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Welcome..........I didn't like the Mustang seat because it moved me too far forward but it sounds like that might benefit you.

Reactions: naturehiker

·
Registered
670 Posts
a 2 piece and a grasshopper backrest may maximize your forward position. and it's a cheaper route than the 2 piece with drivers backrest.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Super Moderator
33,549 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

It's usually a lot easier to move the bars back than to try to move the seat forward. You can change risers and bars and get the bars in your lap if you want.

As for a backrest, the grasshopper is the best thing on a budget. Easy mount and only $99.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sounds good, thanks. i have been trying to find different handle bars that are narrower than the stock and that have a decent pull back, but when i look at all the available options, i feel overwhelmed. I have no idea what style to get, not sure what the stock size handlebars is on my C50.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Your handlebars are 1"
But these C50 seats leave a lot to be desired in the comfort area. I also think the Mustang seat with a backrest would benefit you more. Search e-bay and craigslist for a used one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, i like your bike. I'm strongly considering the mustang seat, not sure if i can benefit from the backrest,I cant sit all the way back on my stock seat and reach the handle bars now, but hopefully that will change with new pull back handlebars, if i can ever figure out what to get LOL.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts
All the information you will need about your bike can be found here. A great group of people, always willing to help each other out.

Ride Safe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.