Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I bought a 2005 C50 from a neighbor the other day. Its a little rough, but.... I spent a couple hours on it yesterday and am pleasantly surprised. It had a lot of surface rust and looked pretty marginal and had not been ridden in some time. It cleaned up really well, I was able to get most of the rust off, and I did the following services. Oil/filter, plugs, final drive, drained/bled/new brake fluid, adjusted rear brake. I also added some seafoam to the tank with fresh gas.

With all that done, the bike does run ok, but it does cut out a little while off throttle. Couple of things. The valves are pretty noisy, its equipped with a dynojet, and it has no name shorties with the baffles pulled. I am wanting to get the valves adjusted. It is something I can do, but I don't have a garage and my super gives me the evil eye when I do the things I mentioned above. And, I want to pull the dynojet box out, and possibly replace the pipes if I can find a stock set or maybe a quieter aftermarket set.

What should I pay for a valve job? Can I yank the dynojet without issue? Any leads on where to find some pipes. The bike is decent but not new, so a used set of pipes is fine with me, but I don't want anything with obvious damage. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If the airbox has been modified or a K&N filter put in you will need the fuel processor. Exhaust is said to not affect fueling. You have to be experienced doing that sort of thing if you want to do the valve check yourself. It is not easy to get feeler gauges in there. Lots of posts on here and different methods of doing it. I didn't change from the stock pipes as I don't care for the noise. Lots of opinions how they save lives etc. LOL. I just never felt I wanted to annoy the neighbors, attract law enforcement if I wanted to have a little more spirited riding and I don't want to make my tinnitus worse than it is.
Enjoy the bike. My 05 was Silver and black.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts