Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

New To Forum Site

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DCinCT 
#1 ·
Bought my C50 k9 model NEW in 2010 & have a little over 30,000 mi. on it. Finally developed my 1st problem. I've got a "little" oil leak that appears to be seeping from my side stand safety switch. Is there an O-ring under that switch that may need servicing? I can't find an breakdown image of the thing anywhere. Any thoughts on this Would be appreciated, Thanks in advance for any guidance in this matter. R.Tillery

#2 ·
Welcome from Texas.

First problem since 2010, Suzuki's are amazing.

I'm not a mechanic but somebody'll chime in and try to help you.

#3 ·
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

You haven't been parking next to any Harleys, have you? [emoji23]

Sorry, but I'm not sure what seals are in that area. I'm far from the smartest guy here though. Hang tight, the smart guys will be along soon.

#5 ·
Reactions: Whiskey
#8 ·
OHKRAPP! Yup, parked next to an old sportster last week, didn't know "harleyism" was contagious..."live & learn" I s'poze. Thanks for the image breakdown, I see there's an o-ring as well as an oil "cap" that are likely culprits to the seepage. I'll change out the o-ring as a starting point. Thanks Again, R.Tillery

#12 ·
Greetings from Canada I had a 2005 and 2009 C50 and neither had a leak there. My 05 had some timing chain issues and was apart a couple times and a slight seep developed near the front where the two cases joined together.
So far it doesn't look like any have had that problem. I thought the switch was an externally mounted device. I would guess that you have a gasket seeping above the switch and it looks like it is coming from there.

Something I heard of is clean off the area and then dust it with baby powder to help you discover where the source of the leak is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.