Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, I side swiped a car that pulled in front of me a few weeks ago. Bike is repaired and back on the road for the last 10 days or so. While it was in the shop I asked the tech to order new tires since it was about that time of year and mileage.

I've been waiting for the tires to come in for at least 9 days. I called him yesterday and again he said they were on back order. Any day now? I got online and found them in 10 minutes. Called the store and had them check stock for mfg date and physically put their hands on them. They said 18 OH for the front and 36 OH for the rear. I said send them to me tomorrow. Got shipping notice this morning and arrival of next Tuesday. We have a Texas Hill Country/Labor Day Weekend ride that I don't plan on missing due to tires

Don't know who my guy was using for tires, but he will lose the sale and just install this time and lube the drive spline. (2) new ME 880 wide whitewall tires on the way. This will be the
4th set of Metz since new. Bike has 65K miles on it and these tires should take me to 80k+, hopefully the motor will last.

Last year, the tech billed me $405 installed. This time it will be $335.00 plus install of $80.00 for the pair. $10 more than a year ago. 20k miles ago.

rv

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Where did you call, if you don't mind?

My local Stealership wanted over $500 for Metzler's, mounted, balanced, installed.
I have a trip to the local mom 'n pop planned. The problem with the smaller shops is the hours, though.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you call, if you don't mind?

My local Stealership wanted over $500 for Metzler's, mounted, balanced, installed.
I have a trip to the local mom 'n pop planned. The problem with the smaller shops is the hours, though.
Motorcycle Superstore. Motorcycle-Superstore.com

Items Shipped Today
Item/StatusPrice/Quantity/Rewards Points/Total/ Item /Price

Metzeler ME 880 Wide White Sidewall Rear Tire
Color- --, Size- 170/80HB-15
SKU#53144

Shipped $176.99

Metzeler ME 880 Marathon Wide White Sidewall Front Tire
Color- --, Size- 130/90H-16
SKU#53142

Shipped $153.94

Shipping Method:
Tracking(Number)

Free Ground
1Z2EX6330329770129

Ship Date:8/22/2014

Reactions: Paraquat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.