Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome to the family. Big howdy from NC.

Sorry it didn't work out for the C50. I've always appreciated the looks of that Triumph. Sit on a few, but never ridden one. Been on the Vol 10 years this August with a 9 month fling with a 1700 Nomad as my side piece. ;) Big comfy bike, but really heavy, 850 lbs!

Let us know how you like that Triumph. Reliability wise, especially.

Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
I don't know why it didn't click earlier for me, but if it's been 35 years since you owned a bike, consider taking a new rider course to help knock the rust off. Ride safe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I don't know why it didn't click earlier for me, but if it's been 35 years since you owned a bike, consider taking a new rider course to help knock the rust off. Ride safe.
Hi Whiskey. Yep, I believe you are correct. I did enough test riding, to realize my skills have diminished considerably. Bike is headed for the shop Monday. It's due a valve adjustment at 15k. I'm also putting on two new tires, new chain, new hoses, fluids and filters changed, and a good once over by the mechanic. I am headed for a riding course, as soon as I find a good one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Welcome to the family. Big howdy from NC.

Sorry it didn't work out for the C50. I've always appreciated the looks of that Triumph. Sit on a few, but never ridden one. Been on the Vol 10 years this August with a 9 month fling with a 1700 Nomad as my side piece. ;) Big comfy bike, but really heavy, 850 lbs!

Let us know how you like that Triumph. Reliability wise, especially.
Thanks man. I've always like the Bonneville. The American is a stretched version of it. About seventy pounds heavier. Five inch longer wheel base. Seat height dropped, and foot controls moved forward about five inches. Feels good. Seems better balanced than a standard. We will see after I get some time on it. Reliability wise, I will let you know. Kinda curious myself. ☺

·
Super Moderator
22,930 Posts
you'll have to give us an updtae on how you like the triumph as you continue to ride it...folks here are always to hear opinions on other mc''s as some eventually move on from their c50's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
you'll have to give us an updtae on how you like the triumph as you continue to ride it...folks here are always to hear opinions on other mc''s as some eventually move on from their c50's.
Will do so. Hey maby I'll make a utube channel. Call it ....Boomer Rides Again....🤯 They would probably get a kick out of watching me wobble around dragging my feet.🛵

21 - 26 of 26 Posts