Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys. The deal fell through on the c50 . Picked up my new to me , 2014 14k miles, Triumph
America motor scooter.馃榾 Thought I'd join up and say hello. This site looks great lots of info.

Super Moderator
morning and welcome to the family...btw...newbies are required to keep the coffee pot full...along with leaving a banana by the pot every morning...it was in the by-laws you agreed to when you joined.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Registered
Welcome from someplace near Pittsburgh, Pa. :)

I'm squarely in the 'lets find out how it works for me before I change it" camp.
I've taken my stock C50 touring with a full load of camping gear regularly, and have never found it wanting, even on the 80+mph roads out West.
It's not a speed demon, but it's not designed to be. It's a cruiser that cruises.

Take what you hear on the interwebs with a grain on salt. There are a lot of people who just look at the CC's and assume anything under 1000CC is by default, something that needs to be replaced or upgraded to make it "perfect." They're no help when a performance upgrade fails to perform as expected or when a cascading list of unexpected side effects result.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, especially if you're comfortable with the mechanics. I'm just saying that I've found my C50 to be a competent ride just as is.

Enjoy! :cool:

Reactions: NateDog 62

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Welcome from someplace near Pittsburgh, Pa. :)

I'm squarely in the 'lets find out how it works for me before I change it" camp.
I've taken my stock C50 touring with a full load of camping gear regularly, and have never found it wanting, even on the 80+mph roads out West.
It's not a speed demon, but it's not designed to be. It's a cruiser that cruises.

Take what you hear on the interwebs with a grain on salt. There are a lot of people who just look at the CC's and assume anything under 1000CC is by default, something that needs to be replaced or upgraded to make it "perfect." They're no help when a performance upgrade fails to perform as expected or when a cascading list of unexpected side effects result.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, especially if you're comfortable with the mechanics. I'm just saying that I've found my C50 to be a competent ride just as is.

Enjoy! :cool:
I agree. But since my deal fell through on the c50t, I can immediately start my mods on the 2014 Triumph I ended up with.馃檪

Super Moderator
I would think that people would be interested. You can start your own thread, listing the stock dyno at the top and then adding results after you make changes. I see a lot of speculation about how much power might be gained by making a change, and this could be extremely helpful to figure out which mod has the most bang for the buck and which are the biggest waste of money.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would think that people would be interested. You can start your own thread, listing the stock dyno at the top and then adding results after you make changes. I see a lot of speculation about how much power might be gained by making a change, and this could be extremely helpful to figure out which mod has the most bang for the buck and which are the biggest waste of money.
Yes sir. Some mods can actually be counter productive. OK!!!! I gotta go pick up my new scooter In a couple hours. I'll be around. Can you tell I'm a little excited!!!! ? LoL. See ya.

Registered
Greetings from Indiana. Most here will tell you that there just isn't enough hp gain to be worth the money. All I've read say that another 3-4 has is all you'll get. Not trying to be critical but just passing on what I've seen here.
My 05 has enough to take the wife and I anywhere we want running 70-75 all day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes sir. Some mods can actually be counter productive. OK!!!! I gotta go pick up my new scooter In a couple hours. I'll be around. Can you tell I'm a little excited!!!! ? LoL. See ya.
Well that didn't work out very well. My seller, after talking to his buddies, decided he had underpriced his scooter. He seems to believe there is a tremendous shortage of used and new rides out there. I am a believer that if you break a deal you spin the wheel . It's bad Karma. So I declined his offer, to allow me to increase my offer. I then purchased this. I had looked at this Triumph America but had backed off for the c50. Lucky me, it was still available. So now I have my middle weight cruiser. I am now going to keep my eye out for a c90 or maybe a m109r . So can I still be a member?馃槩

Super Moderator
Sorry the C50 fell through on you, but that's a sweet looking Triumph. Congrats! You're welcome to hang with us, most of us don't have our Suzukis anymore either.

Super Moderator
sorry to read the deal fell thru or in reality the seller was a jerk for not honoring the deal he agreed to, but my philosophy on life is things happen for a reason so consider it you will be riding what you were meant to ride. Nice looking ride btw and hope all goes well with it giving you many happy and safe miles. Feel free to stick around here tho, like said above, while many here started with suzukis, many have moved onto to other bikes but still remain part of the family here. Enjoy the new toy and ride safe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
sorry to read the deal fell thru or in reality the seller was a jerk for not honoring the deal he agreed to, but my philosophy on life is things happen for a reason so consider it you will be riding what you were meant to ride. Nice looking ride btw and hope all goes well with it giving you many happy and safe miles. Feel free to stick around here tho, like said above, while many here started with suzukis, many have moved onto to other bikes but still remain part of the family here. Enjoy the new toy and ride safe.
Thanks Guys !!!!. Yeah I think I got a little too excited over the c50. Should of waited until I had it in hand before I started posting. 馃ぉ 馃ぎ Duh. ( I'm a little embarrassed ). Anyhow. The Triumph is a 2014 with 14k on it. Pulls like a champ, and is a lot of fun to ride. Big enough to put the spousal unit on the back, for short to medium trips, and small enough to haul around town, and maby ride some twisties. If the wife likes riding I will look at getting a little bigger traveling type scooter. My background on two wheels is as follows.....Started riding street and dirt when I was 14. Had various Kawasaki street and dirt bikes. Also raced Mako motocross bikes for a local shop. As an adult, I rode mostly Kawasaki naked bikes, kz1000's and such, and always had a dirt bike around. My last bike however, was a Honda cbx1000. Hence my hatred of all things carbureted. (The F-n thing had six of them.)... I quit riding about 1990. Moved on to other hobbies. ( Ski boats ). Had a family by that time , and well , you know how it is. Kids want to go to the lake, and you can only afford so many bad habits. Then grandkids want to go to the lake...and so on....So no bike for a long time.... At least I was the cool grandpa 馃槑. Ok I'm gonna shut up for a while, but I'll be lurking, see ya.!!!!

Registered
Congrats on the new ride. Unfortunately, to many people are so greedy that they won't honor a deal they made. Hope the jerk gets stuck with it for the summer, better yet gets an offer he loves just to have the buyer string him along, then back out.

Premium Member
Welcome from Florida :)

Reactions: NateDog 62

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on the new ride. Unfortunately, to many people are so greedy that they won't honor a deal they made. Hope the jerk gets stuck with it for the summer, better yet gets an offer he loves just to have the buyer string him along, then back out.
Welcome from Florida :)
Thanks!!!! . Yep, it's been a long time since I've had a two wheeler. I'm really looking forward to riding again. It is a little disconcerting, that life can distract you, for thirty years, from something that gave you such pleasure .... Makes you wonder what else you may have forgotten.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts