Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlueVolusia said:
Those are a nice looking set of pipes but my ears can't handle anything louder than Jardine's.
I agree....a buddy of mine has the cobra drags and they are louder then I would want.....I would consider it if I knew that I could wrap the baffles and quiete them down a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Those are the best looking straight pipes that I have seen for our bikes yet. I like the tapered ends.

Wild Man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Got the Cobra Drags on my 04 Vol. (baffles are in but removable). I was about to buy some kind of pipes from the dealer shortly after I bought the bike in April 04. He had these in and someone decided they did not want them. Sold them to me at a decent discount. After a couple of folks made comments about them being kind of loud, I have asked\warned folks before riding. Most are not bothered by them but they do make some noise.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,280 Posts
New pipes

Tony, thanks for giving us another exhaust pipe to choose from. Sweet looking pipes, I have to admit, the list is long for choosing the right pipe for your needs and look your after. I wonder if Vol-Dan the man had these on his compiled listing? Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us and posting the thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,841 Posts
I'd like to see some of these. I like the looks and price. I'll be ready to order just after Christmas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: New pipes

duglaura said:
Tony, thanks for giving us another exhaust pipe to choose from. Sweet looking pipes, I have to admit, the list is long for choosing the right pipe for your needs and look your after. I wonder if Vol-Dan the man had these on his compiled listing? Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us and posting the thread.
you bet!

now, if someone wants to get em' and let us know how they sound, that would be the nuts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
ba6r0ty said:


the picture shows them on an aero and cobra's web site doesn't list them for the c50 but oneida's is selling them for both the m50 and c50.....I think they are pretty darn cool look'n.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19660&cat=657&page=1
:)

Are you installing an FI2000 with those Cobras ? I like the cost and the look of those pipes. Where is the connection for FI2000 located on the C50? Do the wires just clip on, or do you have to do some splicing? I've read where some people had some problems with the connections. If I knew I could do it myself I would buy those right now.

BlueCRider
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,841 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but on the Power Commander everything will just unplug and replug if I have read correctly. Also on the FI200 there is an updated version of that as well that will do the same thing. No splicing needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
BlueCRider said:
ba6r0ty said:


the picture shows them on an aero and cobra's web site doesn't list them for the c50 but oneida's is selling them for both the m50 and c50.....I think they are pretty darn cool look'n.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19660&cat=657&page=1
:)

Are you installing an FI2000 with those Cobras ? I like the cost and the look of those pipes. Where is the connection for FI2000 located on the C50? Do the wires just clip on, or do you have to do some splicing? I've read where some people had some problems with the connections. If I knew I could do it myself I would buy those right now.

BlueCRider
Just go for it Lew. There is not need to agonize over new pipes any longer! If you get stuck during installation, I'll drive up your way and help you out.

Wild Man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Wild Man said:
BlueCRider said:
ba6r0ty said:


the picture shows them on an aero and cobra's web site doesn't list them for the c50 but oneida's is selling them for both the m50 and c50.....I think they are pretty darn cool look'n.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=19660&cat=657&page=1
:)

Are you installing an FI2000 with those Cobras ? I like the cost and the look of those pipes. Where is the connection for FI2000 located on the C50? Do the wires just clip on, or do you have to do some splicing? I've read where some people had some problems with the connections. If I knew I could do it myself I would buy those right now.

BlueCRider
Just go for it Lew. There is not need to agonize over new pipes any longer! If you get stuck during installation, I'll drive up your way and help you out.

Wild Man
:?


Before I do anything, I want to make sure about the FI connection. It's the the cheapest way to go if I can do it in my garage with know problem. I would first like to see the instructions in where the connections are, and where the FI is installed. I do not want to go to a dealer. I'd rather keep the stocks than go to a dealer. That is a great buy for those pipes and the FI.

BlueCRider
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top