Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new 2012 Suzuki Boulevard C50T. Since I'm too old to dirt bike with the aplomb I once enjoyed, I traded a highly modified Honda 450x dirt bike for the C50T classic. I liked the price, chrome, white wall tires and "cruiser" look. I've had many dirt bikes, even raced some, but never a big fat chromed up street bike. What a difference in handling and performance.

My impression of a 600lb+ C50T cruiser, is that's it's pretty, but compared to what I'm used to riding, slow as a pig and handles like a freight train. But I'm getting used to it. It does go straight down the highway at 80mph quite well. That's cool. I put a windshield on it and bags. First bike ever with a windshield. Those are worth having when cruising down the interstate. Good for keeping birds and grasshoppers from hitting you also.

I want to remove the stock Suzuki mufflers and put slipon's in their place. I joined this forum to see if there was a video or step by step instructions for removing the mufflers. I don't want to tear the baffles out, for a start, I just want to take the mufflers off and replace them with a -cheap- set of slip on mufflers. That's all for now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think you can put slipons on the c50 (I may be wrong) but I put a set of Vance & Hines Cruzers on mine and they sound great! I paid 373 with free shipping on ebay for mine took about an hour and a half to install. 2 people make it much easier too! happy riding and keep the shiny side up!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome aboard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.