Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Or maybe I should say "Black Stallion" because this is a Big Boy and he's hangin' low! LOL!

I've been dealing with the irritating cam chain rattle for a few months, thinking about getting the necessary work done or getting a bigger bike. I've been wanting to get a bigger mount for a while now sooo..... I finally found the right bike and pulled the trigger.

Ladies and Gentleman, introducing my biggest bike yet: The Vulcan 1600 Classic!

It's a 2004 model and has some cosmetic "challenges" I'm working on cleaning up and I may end replacing a few things (chrome parts) because I want it to look as *mint* as possible. The previous owner didn't ride it much, had a little over 12k miles on it when I bought last weekend. He put on new tires, brakes, pads, battery, and fluids getting it ready for sale.

The seat is so-so, but other than that it's comfy, surpisingly nimble and I have to say the POWER IS AMAZING!!!

Reactions: vortex1x

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
You'll like that ride, it's like a run away locomotive.

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Ccongrats on the new ride.
Been looking. for one myself but haven't found one that takes my breath away.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Viper and thanks for your advice. I have to agree with you about "like a run away locomotive", that's exactly what it feels like! :wayhappy:

scorpion46 - I recommend you try out the Vulcan, I bet you'll get hooked. I test rode a few different Honda VTX's and a V-Star but one I rode the Kawi I was sold. It feels like a slightly heavier Vol/C50 (even though it's a lot heavier), it steers very easliy (much easier than the VTX) and the power on tap ROCKS! :shades:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Outstanding neighbor!!
Let's get together for breakfast or lunch, MY TREAT!!
Cheers,

·
Registered
878 Posts
scorpion46 - Try a C109R, it looks like a big voluzia and will take your breath away and then some. They mount that 240 on the rear for a reason. For local non interstate I still like the 2004 ltd better.

·
Super Moderator
22,500 Posts
congrats and best of luck with it...great mileage for the year too...just about broken in.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing nicer than a new bike in the garage. Too bad it's winter. Congrats on the new ride!
No need to feel bad for me - It's been a dry and warm (for us) winter here in California. I'm just down the superslab from you. (Well, a few hundered miles down but you know what I mean.) I've been riding in to work all week! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Outstanding neighbor!!
Let's get together for breakfast or lunch, MY TREAT!!
Cheers,
I agree PopPop, we should meet up for lunch one of these days. Send me your phone number in P.M. and we'll set something up.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you - thank you. But don't you all get your hopes up, I'll still be around. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Congrats. I felt the same when I got my Harley. Double the CC in the engine and a true 6th gear!. I still ride the Bully. Why not. Spare bike!

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
It's nice to have a bigger, powerful bike, Congrats! :applause:

Careful, the extra weight disguises your speed............

1 - 20 of 29 Posts