Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a company in Dayton Ohio that makes stainless steel braided replacement brake lines for our volusias and C50s. The lines come in ss, black, carbon, red and blue. The banjo fittings are aluminum or polished stainless, or grey, yellow, blue and red. The banjo fitting swivel around the axis of the line to eliminate line twist when mounting. Lifetime warrenty. Best news is they are made within 2 days of ordering them. I ordered mine on a saturday and the line was ready monday. Price was $62, including $10 for the upgrade to a black line and 2 extra inches of length. The angle of the Banjos was same as factory. I had a local shop install mine, they had no trouble with the installation and they liked the lines. It looks good and works well. Not sure if I can feel the difference with the ss line. I'm riding the bike more agressively since I installed the DJ drive mod and I wanted to do all I could to maximize braking. I don't know if you can order them directly from the company. I ordered mine through Iron Pony Motorsports in Columbus Ohio.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
I got mine from Galpher, race track quality. Carbon fiber look sleeve.

Boy, made a difference!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Gafler, ten bucks cheaper for any length. Don't see a section to go with a different look though, oh well, I want the SS anyways.

This is where I will be getting mine from next time I have an order over 100 bucks so I can get the free shipping.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
bought mine at bike week from them there. He had catlaog w/ 7 differnt color sleeves and I bought brake pad( yet to put on).

http://www.galferusa.com/html/new_lines.html

A call to them might get you to the color sleeves. The guy looked mine up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anyone know if any of the SS brake line suppliers (Gafner or Goodrige) still make replacement line kits specific to our C50? If so, anyone know the stock number and good place to buy online? One place online said that Gafner no longer makes them. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Which I knew about this before I ordered a custom brake line from Britain. Dang it. Still haven't received the darn thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone know if any of the SS brake line suppliers (Gafner or Goodrige) still make replacement line kits specific to our C50? If so, anyone know the stock number and good place to buy online? One place online said that Gafner no longer makes them. Thanks!
I purchased a SS replacement brakeline kit from Goodridge last year from Powersport Superstore. This was for my 2006 C50.
Goodridge Econoline Cruiser Brake Line Kit SU3869-1FCH ($44)- says on the box that it fits 2005 thru 2013.
Easy install. Getting the air out wasn't as easy, but it was worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts