Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CB1100, ABS brakes and loving it. Now I just handed the keys of the C50 over to a new owner, personally I am pleased that I finally found a buyer for it. I got some good advice here and enjoyed the banter about the Harley buyers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Happy for you Gossman. If I had the resources and room I would have one also. Inline air cooled four, six speed, with modern technology in order to handle the engine that most Japanese bikes could not accomplish back in the 70s and 80s. I would only be able to take it for short runs at my age now, as feet tucked under me just does not work any more as I found out two weeks ago when I tested a 1985 yamaha xj700 maxim x that I tried to add for nostalgia reason and because they screamed back in the day. The Honda dealers around here, Dayton, OH have not been able to move these as quick as they had hoped, but I give Honda credit for trying.
Chuck

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Since all the riding I do is 12 to 25 mile runs and one 80 mile poker run a year, the seating position and real need for a 6th gear isn't an issue. I prefer the riding position, seat height, and lighter weight that the CB offers. The C50 was alright but not nearly as nimble on the back roads I run plus having a bike again that can lift the front tire at 60 isn't a bad thing, especially for a fat mid 50s guy who respects it. And I love the ease of maintenance with the center stand. Add to that this is no clone (had to toss the dig in ;) )but a continuation of a classic UJM. The ABS brakes and heated grips make it even a little nicer.

·
Registered
23,553 Posts
Congrats.. that's a sharp ride.
You don't have to leave the site. Many others have sold their zukis but stayed on for the friends and colleagues here.

·
Super Moderator
65,684 Posts
I bought a CB1100, ABS brakes and loving it. Now I just handed the keys of the C50 over to a new owner, personally I am pleased that I finally found a buyer for it. I got some good advice here and enjoyed the banter about the Harley buyers.
Good thing you didn't go the Harley route because the bashing is relentless. I have a rally coming up and I don't think half the people will even talk to me :blackeye:

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Congrats on your new bike!! I sat on a CB1100 at the dealer this Spring, and found a lot to like about it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love the new cb1100. Nice choice. I just love the looks of the old jap bikes (owned a couple) and having it look retro but with modern tech is just so cool. Hope to have one someday, congrats!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Very nice bike. I have sat on a few of them and would love to ride one. Welcome to the Honda side.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good thing you didn't go the Harley route because the bashing is relentless. I have a rally coming up and I don't think half the people will even talk to me :blackeye:
I don't get the Harley hate myself. They are the epitome of American motorcycle, they had plenty of rough years but came through it, and they hold their value. Plus, you can go to the hardware store to get nuts and bolts and actually work on them. The C50 is based off the Harley and what little popularity it has is because of it's being a poor man's starter Harley. All the mods are meant to mimic a Harley.

I bought the C50 because of that plus I can't take the vibration of the Harley. First and last cruiser I'll buy, I've owned sportbikes and CBs most of my riding life. Besides the Bonneville, the CB 1100 is my style of ride. The ABS system along with the factory heated grips will make this a great commuter.

My neighbor just picked up an older Sportster, we will be enjoying some great fall rides. Life is too short to not to buy and ride one's preferred motorcycle, it's really nobody's business or right to bash another man's ride. That should be left on the grammer school playground IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
That’s because that half are taking walks with you. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
65,684 Posts
I don't get the Harley hate myself. They are the epitome of American motorcycle, they had plenty of rough years but came through it, and they hold their value. Plus, you can go to the hardware store to get nuts and bolts and actually work on them. The C50 is based off the Harley and what little popularity it has is because of it's being a poor man's starter Harley. All the mods are meant to mimic a Harley.

I bought the C50 because of that plus I can't take the vibration of the Harley. First and last cruiser I'll buy, I've owned sportbikes and CBs most of my riding life. Besides the Bonneville, the CB 1100 is my style of ride. The ABS system along with the factory heated grips will make this a great commuter.

My neighbor just picked up an older Sportster, we will be enjoying some great fall rides. Life is too short to not to buy and ride one's preferred motorcycle, it's really nobody's business or right to bash another man's ride. That should be left on the grammer school playground IMO.
Enjoy your new ride. I saw one at a Harley/Triumph dealer last week. Deja Vu

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts

That bike is so cool, it was a finalist for my naked road bike choosin.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! Sweet bike :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.