·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)
Lindby highway bars.

·
Registered
20,591 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. Mustang seat will set you an inch higher and an inch forward ( towards tank). If you're like me, a little shorter in stature, it's fine. If you're taller you might check into an Ultimate Seat.

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
welcome...be careful how much you do the first year...more for the reason you find the mc to your liking and it serves your needs...after the newness wears off, you'll notice what is right and what would you change for the better...its a great bike, especially for the first time rider but some do quickly upgrade and to have spent alot of money modding the bike can become a costly lesson...agree with whiskey...I bought my 04 brand new and by the time I was done making it mine I spent aalmost as much on the mods...did keep it for 7 years so it was worth it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I set mine up so I'd be comfortable on long rides and could carry alot of gear. I'm 5'8" with short legs and arms. So, I lowered the bike and got some pull back risers. I wanted gear carrying, so I put on large saddlebags and a luggage rack and passenger backrest. And, I wanted my butt not to be numb so I put on a more comfortable seat. Now it so happens I like the look too, but function was more important to me. For others, who do mostly short rides around town, perhaps looks are most important. So they might go with a solo seat, no bags, fancy paint job, etc... The C-50 has a pretty good aftermarket so doing what you want is pretty easy. The thing is make it yours so it works better for you. If that's interstate travel it will probably be different than if you just want to impress the guys at the bar with your bad ass scoot.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Actually, the most important "accessory" you can get? Training. Take a course. It will save your life and maybe someone elses too. I never took a ride when I didn't think about something I learned in the class.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the advice, y'all! I'm going to try and rotate the bars forward a tad before investing in new ones to see what happens. I took the MSF a year ago and have been doing test rides every chance I get but I am also considering taking additional courses once the funds become available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love the look of apes and it’s easier for turning as well, unless they are crazy tall. 10” is as tall as i could go with stock cables but for me it’s perfect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Shit man... those are better than the $300 Flanders ones I’ve found. I’ll check them out thanks!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts