Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Jake from Virginia. I am in the process of purchasing an 06 C50! This is my first bike and I am beyond excited to start riding.
I am curious about getting y'all's opinions/ recommendations on ape-hangers for the C50s. I'm having trouble finding options online and when I do, there are usually choices that need to be made as far as the controls (blank, slotted, etc.) Any recommendations would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey Jake! Welcome from Oregon. I never put apes on my scoot. Don't like the look and others I tried were uncomfortable for me. Several people on here have done so and I'm sure they'll be along soon.

·
Super Moderator
26,071 Posts
Hi Jake from Virginia. What are you wearing?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I'm not into ape hangers so I can't help, but someone here will probably know. Hang tight.

·
Super Moderator
58,737 Posts
Welcome and enjoy! Getting your insurance from State Farm or?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I am currently wearing khakis.
thanks for the warm welcome! I know apes aren’t for everyone and I’m not even sure if I’ll go that route or not. The bike already has an exhaust and tune so I’m just trying to identify stuff I can do to it to make it “mine”

·
Registered
689 Posts
The two most effective mods I made to mine were the seat and lowering the rear. Next would be the bags and pullback risers for my T-rex arms.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Replace two pieces of metal that are called dog bones. They are part of the rear suspension. Length determines height.

·
Super Moderator
26,071 Posts
The bike is just the down payment on the accessories. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts