Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I was instructed by our Senior Designer H Gio Giovanni to let you guys know he is developing a new line of production parts this year for the Voluisa and C50. For some of you that don't know we are the first to fully custom a World Champion competitor Volusia called El Patron. He would like some input from the forum on what products you feel will help your bike be able to match the HD After market. Your input is highly regarded..

Thanks,
Darren
Tech

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I know one of the most sought after modification is that of a "true dual" exhaust, the type with a muffler on each side of the bike, symmetrical, like most of the large touring bikes.

Wheels that will accept tubeless tires are always mentioned.

Aftermarket air intake.

Always looking forward to see what Blacksmith comes up with.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are looking into the wheel issue but it will most likely have to be done in conjunctions with a disk/rotor conversion setup, as the drum system is not gonna accept it any wheel upgrades.

I know one of the most sought after modification is that of a "true dual" exhaust, the type with a muffler on each side of the bike, symmetrical, like most of the large touring bikes.

Wheels that will accept tubeless tires are always mentioned.

Aftermarket air intake.

Always looking forward to see what Blacksmith comes up with.

·
Registered
324 Posts
1.) Off the shelf Final Drive Mod kit, (DJ, Motiv, etc.)
2.) Rear disc brake conversion kit.
3.) Aftermarket wheels, (that don't cost a grand a piece).
4.) Oil level dipstick.
5.) A gas tank without the ugly flange along the bottom, (possibly with a gas tank exchange).
6.) Hinged gas cap.
7.) A line of various bolt on fenders.
8.) Quick release kits for OEM windshield, sissy bar, and OEM bags.
9.) Shorter kickstands for lowered bikes, 2", 2 1/2", and 3".
10.) Hand grips that slip on over OEM grips.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dual exhaust !!!! Hands down # 1. I built my own,,, but would have got a set if they were avl. On the shelf !!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
1) I second the DJ drive mod! The current C50 has much too high rpms at highway speed. Takes away from the smoothness of the ride.
2) Would be nice to offer a "wrap around" windshield option to eliminate the need for lowers as wind buffeting protection.
3) I also like the previous poster's idea of a hinged fuel cap.
4) Hard/locking saddlebag option on the C50T?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rear disk conversion
Final drive ratio conversion
Football intake replacement/delete that doesn't require rejet/retune

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I love what Giovanni did with "El Patron"!

Problem we Canadians will have is called "US Exchange" on our currently weakened Dollar! :crying:

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Bobber rear fender

solo spring seat with ease of mounting

Some guys are always looking for metal fenders

I know there is interest in air ride suspension, but benefit vrs the cost usually drives many people away.

I would think you would get interest in powder coat spoke wheels, ship good powder coated wheels as soon as you recieve their serviceable cores.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
any suspension suggestions?
Chrome front lowers might sell well
Also a clean bobber front end - lots of guys bobbing their C50's if they get a bigger bike.

Actually - why not put together a bobber kit (fenders, seat, handle bars, controls) bet that would sell

·
Registered
795 Posts
1.) Off the shelf Final Drive Mod kit, (DJ, Motiv, etc.)
2.) Rear disc brake conversion kit.
3.) Aftermarket wheels, (that don't cost a grand a piece).
4.) Oil level dipstick.
5.) A gas tank without the ugly flange along the bottom, (possibly with a gas tank exchange).
6.) Hinged gas cap.
7.) A line of various bolt on fenders.
8.) Quick release kits for OEM windshield, sissy bar, and OEM bags.
9.) Shorter kickstands for lowered bikes, 2", 2 1/2", and 3".
10.) Hand grips that slip on over OEM grips.
+ 1 on all those good ideas, plus a self adjusting air ride setup like the one's on a semi truck with a leveling valve. If that would be too complicated perhaps you could look at the air ride suspension on the Ford expeditions for ideas.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Chrome front lowers. Harley lowers are half the price of currently available lowers for our bikes. Made in Canada but cheaper in the USA? I cant figure this one out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts