Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered v& h straight-shots w/ fishtail hot tips. hope the tips are able to both mount vertically. should have thought about this sooner. any ideas? also; what air cleaner mod gives the best bang for the bucks? currently have k&n in stock football.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hypercahrger? tornado cone? any advantages. i don't ride in wet weather "usually" so water in the intake would be very unusual so I'm not worried about that. some come with a weather cover also if i remember right.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Forget the Hypercharger and it's temperment. I just installed the Thunder Mfg vertical teardrop air intake and WOW WOW WOW what a difference! This puppy sucks big air and is a cinch to install. Took me about 1/2 hour.
The whole shootin' match ran about $275, but I assure you it's well worth it.

BTW, I just added it along with the Power Commander and HK 2.5" American Straights.... similar to what you're doing.

E or PM with any questions....

Daryl

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have the Vance & Hines straight shots with the twin fins and the Thunder Hurricane air filter system. It came with a rejet kit to which I had my bike rejetted and increased the horse power a great deal. I am sure you can position the fish tails in either direction.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I installed the hypercharger on my bike. It does look VERY cool, but it is a major PITA to install and the instructions are pretty near worthless and completely leave out critical information. I'd go with one of the ones with no moving parts if I were to do it over again. But it does look very cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts