Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ya'll,

I Have been lurking on and off here for about a year. I finally sold off my Yamaha 950T and picked up a brand new 2019 C50. Now it is time to accessorize my ride.

I am in Virginia, and I have been riding various bikes since the early 80s. Mostly, Suzuki bikes, I am fond of the design.

Anyway, the hunt is on for windscreen, passenger floorboards, sissy bar, hard bags, engine guards and eventually, solid rims.

·
Super Moderator
26,076 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Reactions: VRH

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow amazing you gave up a 950 Yamaha for a C50! Enjoy the ride!

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
amazing how little has changed over the years...guess if you got a product that rides good, looks good and sells at a good price...leave well enough alone...best of luck with it.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
No Kidding! The extras are a bit pricey for sure.
shop ebay...lots of good prices there...be interesting to see how long you are riding before the newness of the stock seat wears off and your're looking for a replacement seat...start shopping for mustang or ultimate...ultimate pretty much sits identical to the stock seat only thousand times more comfortable...mustang same comfort as the ultimate only sits you higher and closer to the tank...worth the money to upgrade...can't put a price on comfort. And do yourself a favor before its too late...make some extra keys!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shop ebay...lots of good prices there...be interesting to see how long you are riding before the newness of the stock seat wears off and your're looking for a replacement seat...start shopping for mustang or ultimate...ultimate pretty much sits identical to the stock seat only thousand times more comfortable...mustang same comfort as the ultimate only sits you higher and closer to the tank...worth the money to upgrade...can't put a price on comfort. And do yourself a favor before its too late...make some extra keys!!!!!
Good to know about the Ultimate. I had a Mustang on a C90 and it was pretty good. On the point of extra keys, I can't just make extras as the 2019 C50 is electronically matched to the key set. Just like most modern cars. Getting an extra key will be costly, even if I can find an aftermarket maker.

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
one of the things about so called progress...sometimes it seems they are going backwards when they come up with these ideas...then again just another way for the manufacturers or dealerships to charge big $$$ for items that shouldn't be required to have such a hefty pricetag. Hope it came with more than 1 key then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one of the things about so called progress...sometimes it seems they are going backwards when they come up with these ideas...then again just another way for the manufacturers or dealerships to charge big $$$ for items that shouldn't be required to have such a hefty pricetag. Hope it came with more than 1 key then.
Yes, two keys. And you are right about going backward sometimes. I had a C90 and up until 2009, these has hydraulic valve lifters. No need to ever make an adjustment, just pay attention to what oil you use. After that, Suzuki went back to solid lifters in the C90. Well, adjusting those is a dealer's money maker.

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
got an 06 and wasn't aware of not needing an valve adjustment when I bought it...when I brought it in for a service they told me that was one less service the bike would need...they were self adjustable...nice surprise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got an 06 and wasn't aware of not needing an valve adjustment when I bought it...when I brought it in for a service they told me that was one less service the bike would need...they were self adjustable...nice surprise.
Those are nice bikes! And, if you have not seen it, there is an LC1500/C90 forum that is an outstanding resource for help. Much like this form is where to be for Volusia, C50, etc.

·
Super Moderator
21,076 Posts
have used and recommended that site to other owners here...very helpful info there.

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
556 Posts
Budget anywhere from $400 and up for a good seat. I bought Ultimate for solo riding (no pillion seat) with their backrest, set me back somewhere around $600 (give or take with tax and shipping). It was either that or look for another bike. I tried quite a few different seats (Corbin, Mustang, Suzuki Gel seat), and Ultimate was the best match for me.

A few other modifications: windshield if you ride at highway speeds for any period of time. Aux lights: stock head light is barely adequate in my humble opinion, and upgrading to LED is a hit and miss. Highway/Crash bars: they'll give you and extra 1% chance of saving your leg if you have a low side. May even cut down on the repair costs if you just drop the bike on the parking lot. Adds space for other accessories and style (if you are into it).

Horn upgrade: I've installed Wolo (519) Bad Boy Chrome Air Horn - 12 Volt and loving it. Installation was a bit involved (I chose to build my own wiring harness - options on the market didn't seem quality). Well worth the $ and effort.

Absolutely a must for me was heated grips. Totally worth the $100 or so.

Saddlebags, lowers, pipes, lights, fairing, etc.: all of that stuff is highly personal. Read-up on pipes (a lot of people remove aftermarket pipes - too noisy, don't sound good at higher RPM - I did that to save my hearing).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts