Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my first bike 2006 C50. Looking for a few answers, and tips on helping the performance of my bike. Wanting to buy something to give it a little more power. Also looking for a used front fender.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Hello from KS. I am in the same boat as you. First time motorcycle owner and first is a 2006 C50. I don't know how long you have been riding but guess a short time (whatever recently is).

For me, I'm not looking for more power. I bought a c50 to cruise around and learn on for several years. I will soon be saving for the next motorcycle. I think instead of spending a grand on performance, I will save that for a bigger bike in the future if I want more power. Of course, you will get lots of advice to get new pipes, new intake and a fuel injection controller (and a dj drive which changes your gear ratios).

I don't foresee any problems jumping into traffic in my city. People drive pretty slow here. Now, if I was in Houston, they like to drive at 90mph sometimes in almost bumper to bumper traffic. More power would be needed there to get on the freeway safely.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I didn't mention I'm from Kentucky. I have owned a crotch rocket and rode my uncles cruisers, but this is my first own cruiser. My idea is to fix this bike and trade it in on a bigger one or fix it with all the bells and whistles and save it for my son. Glad to have ran across this site!

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Recently bought my first bike 2006 C50. Looking for a few answers, and tips on helping the performance of my bike. Wanting to buy something to give it a little more power. Also looking for a used front fender.
There are a few performance options you can bolt onto your C50. They would be a high-flow airfilter, a high-flow exhaust and a fuel processor. But what you need to keep in mind is these options are not inexpensive and you will only see a 4-6 hp increase for your efforts. In the end, you will still have a sub 50 hp 800 cc bike.

·
The Village Idiot
5,021 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnati, otherwise known as Upper Kentucky.
I haven't had any problems riding mine down 75 which is a packed madhouse at times. The wind can be a real bear sometimes.

I think most people opt to remove any mods and sell their bike stock because it seems they can get more out of it selling the mods on the side as they don't really increase the value of the bike in as much as you put into the mods.

Enjoy the new ride. It's a fun cruiser in the city or out.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
EH! :cool:

<---<<

Your C50 does just fine right out of the box!

Like "Skrapiron" said, you'll spend lots to gain little in performance but perhaps you'll gain the look and sound you like. :moneyeyes:

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
WELCOME

you wil never get the same power to weight ratio you had with the crotch rocket
if you truly want more power, buy a bigger bike

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I agree adding Mods doesn't really add resale value. Although if you pass the bike on to your son it makes more sense to mod it.
The bike has its best performance when operated in the sweet spot It's a cruiser not a crotch rocket but like all smaller MC engines RPM does replace displacement. Bigger displacement Cruiser can loaf along but the C50 is designed to be revved up to develop power. MC use to come standard with a tach I think it's still a good mod to add a tach early on.
RPM vrs Speed and Dyno charts favor shifting between 3500 to 4500 rpm.
Easy cruising Shift 3500 (which I do most of the time) in a hurry 4500. Really hard when the engine tells me too shift just before it flattens out.:shades:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. I agree with as stated above that if you want more power, then buy a bigger bike. You will spend a boatload of money for a minimal performance gain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay guys, I am learning that this is not the type you would add performance parts too! So when I bought it the guy had hit a deer, and it hasn't got a front fender, any help on where to purchase a used one? Can find the other suzuki fenders on ebay for about nothing but can't seem to find a c50 under a couple hundred. Color wouldn't matter because I'm giving the whole bike a face lift. Again thanks for the help and support

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
check ebay and keep an eye on the swap meet here
maybe even post a wtb there
they pop up every so often

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Okay guys, I am learning that this is not the type you would add performance parts too! So when I bought it the guy had hit a deer, and it hasn't got a front fender, any help on where to purchase a used one? Can find the other suzuki fenders on ebay for about nothing but can't seem to find a c50 under a couple hundred. Color wouldn't matter because I'm giving the whole bike a face lift. Again thanks for the help and support
Make this request in the "Help" section, as more members will see it there and maybe can "help" you out.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Greetings from Indiana
check pinwall cycle parts on ebay.
cycle junkyard in ohio, they usually have a lot of c50 parts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts