Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

New Moderators?

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  duglaura 
#1 ·
1-Don't take this as negative!

2-When someone is selected to be one of the various types of mods is it posted anywhere? If not, why?

3-How is it decided?

4-Is this not a position to be proud of?

I know what happens to forums that are allowed to run free. They stink. I'm all for forums with moderators.

Just a thought? I've never asked this question or heard it mentioned and I'm not asking to become a mod.

#2 ·
I'm probably here more than anybody and I do mean anybody. How may I help you?
I'll try to answer them in order to the best of my ability.

1-Ok I won't.

2-When a mod becomes a mod it is posted to the public.

3-Other mods decide on new mods.

4-Yes a person should be proud to be asked to be a mod.

This place doesn't run free. There is freedom but we don't want to appear overbearing in regards to stifling good old fashioned fun.

Is there something in particular you'd like to point out?

#3 ·
I'm probably here more than anybody and I do mean anybody. Is there something in particular you'd like to point out?
Not really. May I ask where is it "made public"? There's never any discussion about the moderators in general that I've seen.

Everything is fine. I was curious. I'm pleased with the "control measures" taken on this forum.

#6 ·
We always welcome feedback and questions from members, nothing ever taken as negative.

And you can always find a list of Admins and Moderators here: http://www.volusiariders.com/66-vol...tact-information-vr-com-admin-moderators.html

When we decide to add staff it usually starts as discussion amongst Admins, then Moderators.

Part of the decision on "who" usually is after discussion about how often the member here and online, and geographic location to afford us the opportunity to have someone available here as many hours of the day as possible.

In the past we have asked members that were no longer participating in the forum to voluntarily resign. Then we usually ask someone else to step up to the plate.

Reactions: 10-64 and Psyc0
#8 · (Edited)
As a mod on another forum, not about bikes, and with just over 130,000 members, what I will say is that the mods here do a very good job it seems. I say seems, because what they spend most of their time doing is usually unseen. Killing the spammers, putting out potential bushfires before they actually get bigger than a smouldering ember, and no doubt moving posts from the wrong section to the right one as well as deleting offensive posts before anybody even sees them. (This one is a guess for here based on my experience elsewhere).

All of this is done for absolutely nothing. Time they give for nothing, to enable you to read this over your morning cuppa, or evening beer. I usually have breakfast reading pm's from folks calling me a power crazed nazi eunoch who should be taken outside and shot. These are folks that I have pinged for some violation of the rules. Then of course we get the "freedom of speech" warriors. Any form of moderating is censorship to them.

So,the fact that you do not know who the mods are is a compliment to them. It means that the job is being done well and efficiently. Therefore you have the pleasure of reading all this rubbish that I just wrote, at your leisure.:wayhappy:

Coops.

#9 ·
You see us here all the time. We try to blend in and have fun and help when and where we can. Many may not realize this but, Members handles (names) are in Gold, Moderators are Green, and Administrators are in Red. But, I believe the Beezer's name should be in pink. ;-)

#14 ·
Order in the court

you see us here all the time. We try to blend in and have fun and help when and where we can. Many may not realize this but, members handles (names) are in gold, moderators are green, and administrators are in red. But, i believe the beezer's name should be in pink. ;-)
Order, Order...I concur with Chahta Khan...adjourn....Bob is pink.....he-he

Reactions: RellaLou
#11 ·
Gotta say a lot has to do with our members. We have some great people here, everyone tries to help each other out.

Makes our job easy.

#13 ·
I'm very proud to be a mod. Those bottles of scotch to get the position weren't cheap! :wayhappy:

Seriously though, if you're on the web you can see who mods are by looking under there name on a post. If you want to reach someone you can always post in this section. I think I read about 90% of the posts when they come in, and I'm sure others do the same. One of us is sure to see it and respond.

If you don't want to publicly post what you have to say, just request a mod to PM you and wait a few minutes. Someone is pretty much always here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.