Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

We just picked up a 2002 with 27,000 miles on it. Not too bad. We paid $1400 for it, I think that was a fair deal. Not my first bike, but I intend to enjoy this bike.

Rick

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
welcome to the family...sounds like a good deal...probably going to want to consider replacing the tires no matter how good they look. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
27,376 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

·
Registered
21,470 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. Replacing tires are a good start. Think about replacing all fluids, checking and replacing rubber hoses, including the brake line. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got my 2004 with 9034 kms on it this year and put 4500 kms on it. The weather was terrible this year, rain and all. Up here we only get six months max to ride.
So enjoy the riding when you can😆😆

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone. I am going to rebuild the carb. Kinda gummed up from sitting. Had to change the front tire so far as the previous owner allowed the bike to sit on a flat for several months.

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
fwiw...get some extra keys made if the previous owner only gave you one key.Have a safe riding 2021.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Hope you enjoy the new cycle CGrick . (y)

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome from South Florida. Yes enjoy the ride, Mines a 2004 had 24k on it but still rides like a dream. Someone bored out the stock exhaust though and didnt do a carb job to make up for the extra air intake. I put some Cobra 2 inch Drag pipes on her with the removable baffles, Left the baffles in and now she runs like a dream. Also recommend Sea Foam in the gas tank, Wonderful stiff.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would also recommend,( And dont know if anyone else had this issue) When my Fuel got low and I was in stop and go traffic that engine gets hot and with the fuel line where its at it caused vapor lock. I bought some 5/8 inch Fuel line insulation and put that on and that took care of that problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts