Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I've been a member here before had to create a new login. Still have my 06 C50 and the drive shaft and coupler finally gave out at 32k miles. Completely rusted out the splines at the rear coupler. I've spent the last week reading all of the threads about this issue but can't seem to find how to take off the nUT using a 22mm socket at the coupler on the final drive side. Please let me know how I can take this nut off as I cant find any details on removing this exact part. Thanks again everyone!!

Brian C.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just downloaded the service manual and says to unlock the nut with a chisel but not sure how to do that. I've taken a few whacks at it with a small chisel and hammer and can't get the lock tab to pop up enough to take the nut off. Also says to use a special tool drive coupling holder tool. Not gonna buy this special tool for this one use. Any suggestions from the ones who've had to remove the coupling nut??

Thanks in advance

Brian

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
i didnt bother with mine,i took the shaft still connected to the final drive down to the stealer and they dealt with it.find job they did.they actually looked at the inner seal and replaced that also as needed.i commend them.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Competent bike shop should be able to replace that for you for far less than the stealership!
Bought a 1500 drive for my C50 and when I opened it up the coupler was shot and the large seal around the inner part of the drive was all dried and and cracked so I had them replace the seal, the coupler and the nut. They only charged me $40 labor. That’s been almost 2 years ago now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well had to move into a new place and the bikes still apart. the new parts for this were about $300 online. I'm going to buy a used complete unit for about $100 off Ebay instead. Planning to sell the bike after the repair is made. If anyone is in SoCal and looking for a 07' C50 please let me know. 32K Miles, original owner, Title in hand Reg. paid til Aug. 2020. Vance and Hines Straight Shots, Lowered 2" in the rear with the Dog Bone Lowering kit, 18" Baron Kong Bars with custome extended Barnett Cables. Make an offer. Thank you, Brian.

Sent from my coral using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts