Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800K4
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2004 Suzuki Volusia VL800K. I hail from St. Cloud, MN area and Sunday November 1st I drove 3+ hours to Winona, MN to take a look at this bike. It was 29 degrees out and I didn't bring my heated gear to test ride (don't have that stuff LOL) it. But we started her up, and everything was as described. The price was right, and I trailer-ed her up and drove back home. That very next day, it was 68 degrees and I took her on a maiden voyage. With the only exception being a slight shake on the front wheel (no wheel weights) she rode great.

The fairing is unknown to me with who makes it. It's a 4 bolt windshield, with a 4 speaker, radio setup. In the picture above it's a smoked windshield. I have since replaced that with a piece of 1/8th" plexi that I cut to a 14" height and it performs brilliantly.

Today I am replacing the pioneer stereo with a chi-com bluetooth single din usb am/fm sd (lol) stereo. I want to be able to use the bluetooth for stereo from the phone, and use the usb charging feature of the radio in lieu of adding additional 12v charging setups. I have the quad-lock phone mount system that is rock solid on the handlebars and really, I don't want to add any more "stuff" to the handlebars.

The turn lights will be getting replaced this winter for LEDs (not just bulbs but LED turn signal assemblies) and that will be a rewire/solder job.

The head light is being replaced with a 10,000 lumen LED H4 bulb from the stock OEM bulb that is apparently in there. The light put off by the OEM bulb was awful and I need something brighter. My task with this forum is to scour it and find out if any of you have mounted a 7" LED bulb to your Suzuki. I might go that route if this new LED bulb doesn't satisfy my lighting needs.

Lastly (for this post any way) I am going to re-wrap the exhaust pipes. The wrap on it now is torn and not tied on very well. There are Vance and Hines slip-ons which sound awesome, and I am going to keep that set up for now.

I am excited to be here, and read everything! Looking forward to meeting you all (virtually for sure, IRL???)

#ridetolive #eppursimuove

~Dave

·
Administrator
53,902 Posts
Looks like it may be a Tsukayu fairing.
They have 2 and 4 speaker fairings. MCPS1.JPG

Reactions: RemoteCoderZ

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

Reactions: RemoteCoderZ

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800K4
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a nice paint and pin striping job! I didn't think I'd like the fairing but it's great at deflecting the wind, and with the stereo insert, it eliminates what variety of audio choices I had to choose from. :) I will look into Tsukayu and see if that's what I have. Thanks for that!

·
Super Moderator
21,755 Posts
welcome to the family...best of luck with the new ride and be careful out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts