Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a new member who recently has started looking at Boulevard Cruisers. I have long ridden UJMs for the past 13 years and now I am considering a cruiser. My past bikes were a Yamaha XJ550, Suzuki GS750L, Yamaha XJ750, and I currently have a Yamaha XJ1100 that I'm looking to move on from. I don't have much experience with the Volusia/Boulevard line, but I have heard good things and look forward to reading the forums to learn more. The first generation ('05-'09) M50 has really caught my eye lately and it seems to be the most competent of the smaller displacement cruisers/sporty cruisers. Anything I should know before I start this journey?

·
Super Moderator
25,141 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I guess I could offer some sage advice.

New guy has to stock the beer in the lounge.
Don't feed the monkey.

·
Super Moderator
20,442 Posts
another welcome here...only suggestion I can make is to ask what kind of cruising do you like to do...if its backroad 45-60...its a great bike...light enough to throw around in thee twisties and powerful enough to ride 2 up...if your looking for more open road higher mph cruising, you may find yourself wondering later on if perhaps a bigger displacement engine would have served your needs better, although many here actually do use this model for all types of riding...you will find yourself searching for a 6th gear after 70 which has found many here to do a DJ mod to help with that problem. Lots of threads here on that subject. Good luck and ride safe...lots of good used blvds out there.

·
Super Moderator
4,366 Posts
Welcome to the VR family friends forum...Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

@DCinCT I am probably only going to be doing that type of riding with only highway riding from time-to-time. I'm really looking for something that I don't have to spends every weekend working on, I'd rather be riding!

·
Super Moderator
20,442 Posts
my 04 lasted till 87k before I moved onto a C90...on the whole, it was a great mc that really never gave me any problems...did all sorts of traveling with it but mostly 45-60 cruising .Had to address valves at 50k, then again at 87k which led me to put it to rest...definitely got my moneys worth.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Greeting from sunny Arizona (for now). They are great cruisers as DC said. Love mine and it fit my needs until my needs changed. I will still keep it, as it has sentimental value and still runs great. (Even bought one for my son)!

Ride Safe & Often

1 - 10 of 10 Posts