Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

How are ya'll doing, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm down here in Sarasota, Fl and I just picked up my first cruiser. I have a 2005 Boulevard C50. If anyone has any advice or reccomendations that
pertain to maintenance or common concerns with these bad boys let me
know. I got a steal on the bike and plan on using it for a daily commuter
as well as pleasure bike when I find time. Thanks in advance and I look
forward to contributing.

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm gonna take it a little gradual bc the drivers here locally can be a little nutty, then again I'm certain theres a touch of that everywhere. I'm use to the light, agile
feel of a sport bike so I want to get a lil more comfortable on it before I get into the
heavy traffic. I live out in the country in an area that's all ranches so I just took it for
my first ride going around the area and man is it a nice casual ride.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome from NW Florida. I picked up an '05 C50 a few months back. Someone warned me about mod fever but I didn't listen. Great bike so far. No real issues. Again welcome! This is a great forum with lots of helpful folks.

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Welcome from Indiana
Like all used vehicles....first things are oil,filter,coolant changes. Second would be grease most pivot joints and it seems the most over looked is to lube the drive shaft splines with honda moly. There are many threads detailing how to do all these things.

Reactions: PopPop

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.
These bikes are nice from square one. They ride like a much heavier bike. Doesn't take much to make them real comfortable.
I use a Air-hawk r seat cushion and a grasshopper back rest from Lonnie. Also a national cycle switch-blade 2-up windshield. Lowers are a must on these bikes unless you are short.

WAR EAGLE !!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome aboard GhostRyder, I'm a newby also. Love my 06 Suzi C50, great machine!!
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!!
Cheers,
PopPop from Encino, CA

·
Registered
171 Posts
Grease?

Welcome from Indiana
Like all used vehicles....first things are oil,filter,coolant changes. Second would be grease most pivot joints and it seems the most over looked is to lube the drive shaft splines with honda moly. There are many threads detailing how to do all these things.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hi Friend,
When you mentioned greasing pivot joints and to lube drive shaft splines, how do I find the threads how to do these things?
Also, who do I contact for a service manual for a 06 C50?
Thank you for your help!
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!! Would you please contact me at [email protected]
Ciao,
PopPop

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
how-d-do

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hi Friend,
When you mentioned greasing pivot joints and to lube drive shaft splines, how do I find the threads how to do these things?
Also, who do I contact for a service manual for a 06 C50?
Thank you for your help!
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!! Would you please contact me at [email protected]
Ciao,
PopPop
Click on Search in the black line at the top of this page. Not the google search.
Type in "Drive shaft grease". Grab some beers and read.

·
Super Moderator
4,543 Posts
Greetings

Welcome to the VRF from Gettysburg, Pa. Congrats on the Bully, need to procure a manual and check all service intervals. Ride safe and enjoy, Best, D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome from Cape Cod - I'll be in Sarasota in Feb to see my mom and sister. I lived in St. Pete from 1973 to 1993 and miss it this time of year....not so much in the summer! This is an excellent forum of super decent folks who love these bikes and riding in general.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Welcome from south Florida.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts