Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all. Just a quick note to check in. I recently bought a 06 C50. Got a great deal on it. It's a standard all black with added studded bags and back rest. Nothing else. I'm currently working on a custom set of engine guards made from a set of old Electra glide bars. Could use some advice on a tick it has off idle and at high RPM if anyone wants to chime in. I have the service manuals, just need a little advice. I'm at Fort Hood Tx and have been on active duty for almost 25 years.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Hi there all. Just a quick note to check in. I recently bought a 06 C50. Got a great deal on it. It's a standard all black with added studded bags and back rest. Nothing else. I'm currently working on a custom set of engine guards made from a set of old Electra glide bars. Could use some advice on a tick it has off idle and at high RPM if anyone wants to chime in. I have the service manuals, just need a little advice. I'm at Fort Hood Tx and have been on active duty for almost 25 years.
Welcome from Alberta Canada - again, drkmtr. Thanks for your service!!

Start a thread in the engines section with more information about the bike.... miles/service/oil/etc. :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Welcome from Maryville Tn. I retired from the Air Force in 1991.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can see now by the replies, that you guys have some really kool rides and I've got some ideas now.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Welcome from Indiana .
Many thanks for your service.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME to the VR site from the Austin area.

Time to retire and enjoy life.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Super Moderator
4,543 Posts
Greetings

Welcome 1st AD and congrats on the Bully. Thanks for serving this beloved corp. RIde safe and enjoy, Best, D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hello, From Ohio!
Adjust valves (based on the minimal info)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got to looking the other day and the previous owner had already done the first step of the Honest Abe mod, the right way with a hole saw. Bonus, guess I will add the 4 holes to the end plate and see where that takes me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts