Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my newest baby and my try at a "bagger" style. My other bike is a harley which I enjoy but I wanted the fairings and bags and well harley is alot of $$$. So I trying this route, I do have questions on changing out handle bars, is the THROTTLE and all of that hard to move over to a different set and also I tried to get away from having to buy extra cables and wires and got a 9.25 " apes hoping that it works out. Any info is good for me thanks guys

·
Registered
Relevant Vehicle is 2006 C50 stripper
23 Posts
Hey Tattz welcome to the Forum. Hey I have been working on a c50 lately and I'd say the cables on the c50 arent going to have a ton of stretch. Possibly could reroute em to get a few inches. Good luck on the M50 and send some pics when you get some gussy up on it. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
Relevant Vehicle is 2006 C50 stripper
23 Posts
I had been asking the same question here Ken, I'm told from others who have installed apes that up to 13" your good with stock cables. That minor rerouting will help with the slack. I can only assume (because I have not installed them on my bike) that with rerouting of some of your cables you might be able to get away with the stock cables on your bike with 14". But someone else also posted a helpful point that Harley brake lines work on our metric bikes. Food for thought. I'm sure some of the other guys here that have done these mods will post more info and hopefully more helpful than mine.
Maybe an answer here??

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Greetings from Worcester MA. Catching up on intros! Forgot for a minute how helpful and welcoming this forum was when I first got my bike and joined my first online forum...thought I'd keep the spirit up, lol.
Still riding my 2005 C50 and loving it...not many of us Boulevard riders left here. Still amazing knowledge, so keep the questions coming. Consider the DJ drive mod, if you haven't. One of the first and best things I've done to the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okaycso for anyone wondering , the front brake line and clutch both have to be changed and that's for just 10 inch ape hangers. Here's 2 pics from yesterday and it's not all done but got it over half way just waiting on cables and grips it looks like i added the new sissy bar yesterday, the one without the pad
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Oklahoma. Nice scooter, I like the sissy bar!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sorry for such a late response back on the results , but life happens and time flys but I do have news for you all. So 10 inches is limit and really it's almost to much because the clutch cable was so hard that I ended up just buying an longer one which I must say it is hard as heck to get these pacific aftermarket parts. Just alittle disclaimer to someone that's not did it yet. Next was the front brake line will work with it tilted alittle more downward than normal so I ended up measuring it up and ordered a brake line. These pics I'll share are not the complete finish cause I haven't put brake line on and now I've ran in to electrical issues some where. But I'll try to get some better pics for you all.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

1 - 17 of 17 Posts