Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon! First time post...

Long story short, picked up a 2007 C50 and it was missing the injectors. It ran before someone took it apart.

I Put brand new suzuki injectors in, put the bike back together (I bobbed it out in the process) took the factory pipes and left them as two separate open pipes (for now, ordered a set of aftermarkets).

When I went to start the bike, it struggles to idle (if i can even get it to do that) and is very choppy when I give it gas. I am getting an F1 code which comes up as C21 which I see is the air intake temp sensor? Does it matter if this is bad, or even plugged in?

Also when I turn the key, the butterfly is at wide open. Is this normal for startup? I don't know much about these bikes; so any information is good information.

Thanks Again,
Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So , UPDATE:::

I found the factory plastic fuel hose from pump to throttle body is leaking. Could it be sucking air and leaking enough to keep it from starting and idling?

·
Registered
19,344 Posts
If the fuel line is leaking, replace it.

Do not EVER touch the butterfly valve on top of the TB. It uses plastic gears and you WILL strip them if you put any external pressure on it. They cannot be replaced individually. It requires a complete replacement of the TB.

Yes, all the other sensors need to be plugged in to make the engine run right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hose made no diff other than the leaking is fixed now...

Sensor for intake is plugged in, but the bike is still throwing a c00 and c21 code.

·
Registered
19,344 Posts
If the sensor is plugged in, then it is either bad, or there is an issue with the wiring harness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also, test fuel pressure. You're looking for about 3 bar (~45psi). Reports of these older C50's "running rough" seem to be getting more and more common. In my case it was a failed regulator and it only had about 15psi with the pump running, which fell to 0 almost instantly when the pump stopped (it should hold pressure for several minutes). That won't usually throw a code since the ECU does not directly monitor fuel pressure, and without an 02 sensor has no way of knowing if the engine is too lean.

C00 on Suzuki's means "no codes". C21 is air intake sensor. Codes all reset upon ignition being turned off, it does not have a "history" storage. So if c21 keeps coming back either the sensor or wiring is faulty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts