Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,353 Posts
~Capt Creole~ said:
mightydog said:
~Capt Creole~ said:
went out for about a 3 hr ride today. Angie said it is much more comfortable. 8)
well put her on there and bring her back to la with ya! :)
That will be for the BCR3 most likely Robert :wink:

But it looks like I might be working out in your area a couple of times this October. Lets try to get together.
look forward to meeting her and seeing changes to the bike. definitely let me know when you're going to be in town!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
mightydog said:
~Capt Creole~ said:
mightydog said:
~Capt Creole~ said:
went out for about a 3 hr ride today. Angie said it is much more comfortable. 8)
well put her on there and bring her back to la with ya! :)
That will be for the BCR3 most likely Robert :wink:

But it looks like I might be working out in your area a couple of times this October. Lets try to get together.
look forward to meeting her and seeing changes to the bike. definitely let me know when you're going to be in town!
Got another mod coming soon....nothing special, but cool.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For anyone doing this mod....here is a tip.

When cutting the mount to fit the adapter, cut the bottom portion leaving the top intact. This maintains the most strength and provides a nice flat surface for the top of the adapter to rest against so it doesn't move. I didn't think of this until after the first side was done, but luckily got it right. So, your cut will look like a slightly upward cut(back to front) on the bottom, parallel to the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
CruiseTime said:
Picturing that in my mind reminds me of an incident back in 1979...

Friend of mine rode his brand new Yamaha XS650 to work, and came out at the end of the day to find that someone had sat on his bike after we went inside, long enough to melt some of their rubber boot heels onto each hot exhaust pipe!
Seems like it'd be easy enough to pick out the culprit just by looking at everybody's shoes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Any suggestions on how I can adjust the SUzuki passenger floorboards for my 2008 C90. My wife finds them too high. I realize the exhaust is right there, but I am willing to try to improve/change things to make it better for her.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
saskc90 said:
Any suggestions on how I can adjust the SUzuki passenger floorboards for my 2008 C90. My wife finds them too high. I realize the exhaust is right there, but I am willing to try to improve/change things to make it better for her.
I don't have a C90 or one to look at. But a quick google search came up with these:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=54&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=15719&sblid_name=Custom_World_International_Passenger_Peg_Relocation_Kit____Volusia_for_Suzuki_Boulevard_C90
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Thanks Capt Creole. Checked out the site but I think that they are just for pegs. I have the Suzuki passenger floorboards.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
saskc90 said:
Thanks Capt Creole. Checked out the site but I think that they are just for pegs. I have the Suzuki passenger floorboards.
That's what I get for trying to help on something I don't know anything about :oops:

Since I don't have them and can't see them, I don't know what to suggest besides try the VL1500/C90 forums to see if they have come up with a mod for this.
 
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Top