Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the larger Hardbags, the passenger pegs were too far back and too close to the front of the bags.

Here is what it looked like to begin (LH for example):

So, I got some Kuryakyn Longhorn mounts w/ Pilot pegs to match the pegs on the hwy bar.

I removed the original mounts, removed the pegs, cut off the guard and "U" channel at the welds and grinded the welds down. Then I drilled the new hole for the new mount. Notice the cut made to fit the adapter.

and here is what the new pegs look like mounted

here you can see how they match the front pegs

·
Premium Member
16,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New2Blvd said:
I hope your passenger doesn't tilt their foot for the peg looks close to the pipe! :shock:

Is that just the angle of the pics?
Just the angle I guess. They look to clear the exhaust pretty good. They are removed and the mounting brackets have a fresh coat of gloss black on them and are drying. By the time they dry and I have them back on, Angie will be home and I'll adjust to fit her. They might be a notch higher than in the pic.

·
Registered
302 Posts
New2Blvd said:
I hope your passenger doesn't tilt their foot for the peg looks close to the pipe! :shock:

Is that just the angle of the pics?
Picturing that in my mind reminds me of an incident back in 1979...

Friend of mine rode his brand new Yamaha XS650 to work, and came out at the end of the day to find that someone had sat on his bike after we went inside, long enough to melt some of their rubber boot heels onto each hot exhaust pipe! :violent:

.... I like how you solved this problem, looks really good! :applause:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was just about to mention that I like that idea as it makes the pegs adjustable for various passengers. With a 4'8" better half and various nephews neices and grand children the adjustability would be a plus!

·
Registered
13,216 Posts
Cool Beans! 8)

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Looks good! I am sure it makes a difference in passenger comfort to get a few extra inches of stretch in the legs.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
They look real nice on there, good thinking! We have a set of those adjustable mounts on my wife's highway bars so she can reach her highway pegs.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
i always said, you're a friggin' genius when it comes to modding! that bike has more unique, and BEAUTIFUL, features than any i've come across, i think. :applause:

·
Premium Member
16,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mightydog said:
~Capt Creole~ said:
went out for about a 3 hr ride today. Angie said it is much more comfortable. 8)
well put her on there and bring her back to la with ya! :)
That will be for the BCR3 most likely Robert :wink:

But it looks like I might be working out in your area a couple of times this October. Lets try to get together.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts