Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I kind of like it. Sure would like to ride one for a few miles.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Duffy said:
... but no more :)
I hate automatic transmition in cars. But I have no choice (Do not say me I still have an oppotunity to buy the car/truck with manual transmition in the US - it is not true!) I like bikes, because they never had autmatic transmition (except some exotic samples). Now it has been appearing :/

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Quite an innovation... its a ultrascooter, its a sportbike its a huge wheelbase cruiser. Honda just keeps at it and I've heard you meet the nicest people on them.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toe Knee said:
http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=71050&highlight= 8)
Thanks for the link thread. Sorry for being late to the table with this one! :oops:

Anyway, I like it and would buy it. My biggest complaint with Honda is why they always allow products for the Euro and Asian market and not for the USA market?
No one has ever given me a good reason as to why they do that. I would be interested in knowing the reasons for this approach to Honda's marketing. They did this with the Honda Hornet naked. It was avalible for 3-4 years before it ever came to the American market. Then when it finally came many had already lost interest in it here.

Bob :?:

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Looks too much like the butt azz ugly Vision to me. Blech!
As far as manual transmissions not being available.....I know you said not to tell you they're available..but uumm THEY ARE! I'm just sayin'..and yeah, I DRIVE ONE so don't tell me they're not available! :lol:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Born2bWild said:
As far as manual transmissions not being available.....I know you said not to tell you they're available..but uumm THEY ARE! I'm just sayin'..and yeah, I DRIVE ONE so don't tell me they're not available! :lol:
Tell us how you REALLY FEEL?? :shock:

B2B. Butt, the the VIsion has a different tranny !!! :twisted:

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
BobandMary said:
Toe Knee said:
My biggest complaint with Honda is why they always allow products for the Euro and Asian market and not for the USA market?
No one has ever given me a good reason as to why they do that. I would be interested in knowing the reasons for this approach to Honda's marketing. Bob :?:
If you look at just the sample responses here, about scooters, auto trans, butt ugly etc. I think Honda knows how conservative Americans are in style and new technologies. Prolly the reason why HD sells so many bikes with 1950 technology, it is because that's what we like in America. Not some new fangled, Buck Rogers looking vehicle that requires me to give up my right to shift any time I want to, after-all this is a free country and no body is going to tell me when to shift...............got carried away :oops:

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
BobandMary said:
Born2bWild said:
Tell us how you REALLY FEEL?? :shock:

B2B. Butt, the the VIsion has a different tranny !!! :twisted:
If it's butt ugly I don't care if it comes with a little man attached to the bike to shift FOR me.....I don't like it! :lol:

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
odd. wouldn't say it's as ugly as the vision...but I would have to see it in person b4 I make that call.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just saying the Honda Hornet was the best selling bike in Europe. A true naked and it took them 4 freekin years to get it over here!

All electrics are coming too not just automatics.
:shock:

I think this would be a fun cycle to ride. It would also be easy for most any person to learn to ride. Like the fella said, it might be best to wait to judge it til after ya rode it. Tranny tech is great. Glad to see them doing it.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
andrushok said:
Duffy said:
... but no more :)
I hate automatic transmition in cars. But I have no choice (Do not say me I still have an oppotunity to buy the car/truck with manual transmition in the US - it is not true!) I like bikes, because they never had autmatic transmition (except some exotic samples). Now it has been appearing :/
guess you don't look too hard. i've never owned a vehicle that wasn't a manual transmission. i looked at several new trucks last week, all were manual.

just saying

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Polovision said:
It has a manual mode. :D
Yes, I know. I have read the whole article. I even saw this transmition on a picture :).

But anyway - it is so compicated. It might be I am so conservative and do not like a progress, but I definitely do not like that idea.

I also agreed with the opinion that automatic transmition sometimes works better that manual. It is true. But it is a different of the feeling of the road, speed, etc. It does not matter, if I am in the cage. Cage is cage, case is for body only. Not for soul. I would like to feel the bike as I wish and manual transmition works perferct now here.

I also heard about the electrical bikes. They are very powerful and do not required transmition at all. No any sounds, of course. I cannot imagine that I will feel well on that bike :)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
steveg said:
guess you don't look too hard. i've never owned a vehicle that wasn't a manual transmission. i looked at several new trucks last week, all were manual.

just saying
Yes, I had no time :/ I tryed to buy F-150 3 years ago and found that it is impossible, if you want brand new. I tryed to buy Jeep Cherokee at 2000 and found - it should be a special order. No such SUV in the dealership. I bought Toyota 4Runner - very old (1993) with the maul transmition, it was no easy to find it. I found used F-250 diesel with manual transmition, which was overprices. I asked dealer about the price and got the answer - "it is so hard to find such truck".

Yes, if you want something very much and can spend $$$ for that - no problem. My friend really wanted Toyota Crown and bougth it. Directly from Japan. And spent additional $$$ to ajust it according to USA laws. Everything is possible.

But cage is case and I do not want to spend more than one day, when I need to buy a new car/truck. I do not want to spend more $$$ either. So, I restricted to buy cars/truck with automatic transmition.

It might be it is different somewhere in PA, I do not know. It might be farmers prefer manual transmition only. But it is true for DC area.

·
Registered
177 Posts
BobandMary said:
Toe Knee said:
http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=71050&highlight= 8)
Thanks for the link thread. Sorry for being late to the table with this one! :oops:

Anyway, I like it and would buy it. My biggest complaint with Honda is why they always allow products for the Euro and Asian market and not for the USA market?
No one has ever given me a good reason as to why they do that. I would be interested in knowing the reasons for this approach to Honda's marketing. Bob :?:
I gues you have never been to Europe. I would say 1/3 of the vehicles on the road, even in hail storms ( I know I am one of them), are bikes. Gas costs about $11 U.S. is one reason. Insurance here is astronomical, everyone I work with pays over $200.00 a month for a cage. My bike is $50.00. You can literally park anywhere, no spots needed just pull up next to a table at a cafe. Every downtown area of every town around here you have to pay for parking in a cage but not for a bike, it's free.

I have a feeling the reason the companies build stuff for Europe is because the lives of people here are more centered around their bikes as their only transportation. Where as in the States it is just a toy for most.
I would be interested to see actual sales #'s from both continents.

EDIT: Well I was able to find the sales #'s for Honda atleast and they sell 50% more in the States than in Europe. So that blows my whole argument out of the water. European's do tend to stick with European brands anyhow. Maybe Honda knows they have more competition over here so they build what will appeal to Europe and figure as Americans we will buy anything we are told is cool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts