Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone , I bought my 06 c50 this summer. The guy told me it was a limited edition only has4k on it . It’s my first cruiser I was a street bike dude until I came home from my last deployment. Posted a pic below. I want to put nice pipes on it make it sound better . Thoughts and what are the best upgrades for these. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
59,473 Posts
Cool, love the ghost flames. People like Vance and Hines as well as other brands but after awhile I got tired of listening to mine and wish I would have left the stock pipes on. You can gut the pipes you have. Someone will chime in here or do a debaffle search.

·
Registered
20,916 Posts
Greetings from Indiana.
All your questions will be answered.

·
Super Moderator
26,437 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

And welcome home soldier. That is a nice looking ride. They made a red and white ghost flame as a limited edition. I think the white was the better looking of the two.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys !!! I love this bike , not fast like street bikes but plenty of power and smooth comfortable ride. Now I’ll never not ride a cruiser this cruiser lol.
I seen the thread to debaffle these pipes but I wanted to leave them intact Incase I ever wanted to return the bike to its factory look. I was told this bike will be worth more not changing it at all. But I’m more of a make it my own . Thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

Reactions: C50Cdude23

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome from Norton, MA. If you get new pipes like Vance hienz remember you also have to rejet. It is because the amount of exhaust you are pushing it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
C50dude! Love the bike! Love those mag wheels! The performance pack below will give you some extra power and response. Match it up with some aftermarket exhaust $$$ or modify the stock pipes and put your own mufflers in there for some extra sound on the cheap.

These are great little bikes, cheap, fun and easy to ride, reliable, and they look great. If you're not a power hungry psycho that wants to ride something that might kill them, you could ride that thing for years and years.

Check out my thread in the Custom mods section, goes over the Bully, modifying stock exhaust, etc.

Enjoy the ride and be safe bro!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome.....& thank you for your service...
I have a 2001 Volusia & while you can drill 4-6 5/16" holes in the end pipes for a more robust sound, my suggestion is not to...just in case you want to maintain original-stock look. As others have mentioned, the Vance-Hines pipes are nice, but for me I put DK Hardchrome pipes on within two months after buying the bike & after 19 years I have very little blue/yellow "staining" at the neck from the head. They have removable baffles (which I have to install each year for inspection in PA) but very easy to remove. You have to re-jet and I let that up to a bike mechanic when first installed. I ABSOLUTELY have enjoyed these pipes over the years....when you see stickers that say "loud pipes save lives", and they do, they're not obnoxious, but when you need to "romp on the throttle" to let someone know you're close by, they alert other drivers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you so much everyone !
so even tho I have fuel infection I still have to make adjustments when installing new pipes? Also would a power commander unit do the trick. Bare with me guys, I rebuilt and did all my own work on my street bikes but this bike I feel is me an u want to do it right . I put 1k on it after owning it for 3 weeks . So I love this bike and want to take care of it while getting the most out of it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A PC or that Gman Bully I posted a link for will do the trick, either one. It's mostly personal preference on which is better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool I’m going to look into getting the bully. I hate it’s getting cold here in PA . Just mean I have to bundle up lol

·
Super Moderator
59,473 Posts
Eastern here by the Poconos

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
19,767 Posts
Any time you change the intake or exhaust, you're going to have to alter the fuel mapping to make sure you're not leaning the fuel mix out too much to where it can cause internal damage to the engine. Don't go overboard getting loud pipes for this bike, the small displacement engine and short stroke make the exhaust note sound raspy and thin. It'll never sound like a Harley and the drone of loud pipes at 5k rpm will give you a headache, if you do any longer highway rides. Something like the Vance & Hines Cruzers is just the ticket, being one of the few sets of pipes that sounds good, without too much racket.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts