Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to a motorcycle swap meet a couple weeks ago there was a vendor with true carbon fiber helmets. I didn't buy one, but it has been eating at me since so I pulled the trigger and ordered one from JP Cycles. Here is the link:

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=CDEB2648-B974-44BE-B031-8925D3A25848

I was a little leary of spending over $100 for a half helmet...but it is by far the smallest DOT helmet I have ever seen. My Skid Lid had nothing on this thing. Here are a few pics I took:

I havent ridden with it yet...but it is super comfortable and pretty light. Overall I am pleased so far. So for folks, like me, that hate that mushroom head look this might be a good solution for you as well.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I saw one similar to that at Eagle Leather.. liked it.. hubby liked it... but he put it down when he saw made in china :(

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aVOL2 said:
I saw one similar to that at Eagle Leather.. liked it.. hubby liked it... but he put it down when he saw made in china :(
Yea...I wasnt keen on that either....but then I did some checking...here are my other 4 helmets:

HCI Full Face - Korea
Fulmer 3/4 - China
Z1R Half - China
G-Max Half - Taiwan (Republic of China)

The Fulmer kinda surpirsed me...I thought for sure they would be made in America. I think most helmets are manufactured in China now...even my dads Halrey 3/4 was made in Taiwan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased a carbon fiber helmet from chilowee.net really like it. Comes with 3 different thickness liners. Can't remember who makes it, but it's about the only helmet I wear now. The customer service lady treated me great with all my questions. Shipping was fast.

·
Registered
785 Posts
"comes with 3 different thickness liners" meaning cloth liners, styro inserts? Can you elaborate on that?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
ghostflames said:
aVOL2 said:
Yea...I wasnt keen on that either....but then I did some checking...here are my other 4 helmets:

HCI Full Face - Korea
Fulmer 3/4 - China
Z1R Half - China

The Fulmer kinda surpirsed me...I thought for sure they would be made in America. I think most helmets are manufactured in China now...even my dads Halrey 3/4 was made in Taiwan.
I do like the helmet.. I tried it on agian the other day.. but heard the old man in my ear.. LOL I know so much out there that is made in China...
Korea is better.. and Taiwan is better...

I think we are going with these:
http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dothelmets.htm

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aVOL2 said:
ghostflames said:
aVOL2 said:

HCI Full Face - Korea
Fulmer 3/4 - China
Z1R Half - China

I do like the helmet.. I tried it on agian the other day.. but heard the old man in my ear.. LOL I know so much out there that is made in China...
Korea is better.. and Taiwan is better...

I think we are going with these:
http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dothelmets.htm
Wow...nice looking but darn pricey...twice what I paid. But....I do like their strap system a little better than mine and would prefer not to have a visor. If I had it to do over again I would have bought the Polo version from HCI. Either way I think the Carbon Fiber is a solid choice.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
aVOL2 said:
Julie, the ones at this link are made in the US. In fact, when I bought mine last year, I had to wait 4 - 6 weeks for them to actually manufacture it after I ordered it.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/

Duh, I read further down and saw you have already found this site. This is where I got mine.

If you read about their manufacturing process and what they say about how they are different from most carbon fiber helmets you will see why there helmets cost more than some other carbon fibers. Well worth it in my view.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
i tried one of the carbon fibre helmets on at a local shop the other day - sure glad i did before even considering dropping $175USD for one! the liner is very thin and all, but it sits really high on my head, and i didn't much like it (size was correct). guess i'll stick with skid lid..

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
67 Posts
Scout said:
"comes with 3 different thickness liners" meaning cloth liners, styro inserts? Can you elaborate on that?
Thanks
It's a foam insert that has velcro anchors. The inserts come in three different thickness. It's made by advance carbon composites, I'm not positive but I think their in Florida. If it's not too cold it is my helmet of choice. Looks like one in pic. in this post but without visor.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
funbikerchick said:
aVOL2 said:
Julie, the ones at this link are made in the US. In fact, when I bought mine last year, I had to wait 4 - 6 weeks for them to actually manufacture it after I ordered it.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/

Duh, I read further down and saw you have already found this site. This is where I got mine.

If you read about their manufacturing process and what they say about how they are different from most carbon fiber helmets you will see why there helmets cost more than some other carbon fibers. Well worth it in my view.
Made in Orlando. Mad Dog and SharkBait have them.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts