Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki Intruder VL1500 LC
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I'm Justin from League City TX. I just picked up a 2003 Intruder VL1500 LC from a friend that had it rotting in his garage for the last 8 years. I drug it home, rebuilt the carbs, cleaned the tank, flushed the fluids, changed the tires and polished the rust off of the chrome. It's not 100% but it's WAAAAY better. I've been riding it and it's running and riding great. I plan for 12-14" apes and new lines/wires and a vinyl wrap to cover some questionable airbrushing in the very near future.

About me - I'm a network engineer / computer guy by day, firefighter in my spare time and I run a shop where I wrench on whatever needs to be fixed on the side. I also dabble a bit in upholstery. I have a long history of vehicle electronics and electrical systems and definitely know my way around an engine too. I hope to bring as much to the table as I ask to take away.

When I got it home:

After 2 weeks of all of my spare time:

That's my story, glad to be here.

-j

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800K4
34 Posts
Now I understand what you meant about "questionable airbrushing" lol. Fellow computer geek here, I bought a 2004 Suzuki Volusia 800 with 16K on it. It needs some love, but runs good. One thing I've noticed is the chrome can get nice and shiny with #0000 steel wool, but I have aluminum polish for the rims, spokes, and other jobs. Glad to see other "geeks" on here who love motorcycles. Carry on!

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki Intruder VL1500 LC
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, 0000 is what I used and backed it up with some good old Eagle One wadding polish. Nice ride, a fairing and bags are on my short list too.

·
Super Moderator
26,936 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

·
Super Moderator
21,755 Posts
welcome to the family...got the ride looking nice...good luck with it...and ride safe out there.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Greetings from sunny Arizona! Welcome to the Forum. Plenty of friendly folks her with lots of experience to share.

Congrats on resurrecting the bike. You did a nice job. 0000 steel wool does wonders on chrome. I sometimes combine it with a bit of lightweight oil or Simachrome polish to keep things lubricated as I polish.

Rice Safe and Often!

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. You have it looking good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts