Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I'm home. 770 miles for the weekend , not bad . 50 miles of light rain and wet roads in NY, right after 2 different people told me "no rain today, gonna be hot". great motel, thanks DC and Peter!

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Eye to the sky this morning, you have storms heading your way very soon. Better to wait it out.

Hope you all had a great time, safe travels.

Home, no problems. All my rain gear failed, whoo hoo!!! Guess I know what I'm asking for on Father's Day.
Will post more later...

Apparently you didn't see my post to wait it out. Could have had some extra pancakes or something :)

Reactions: Mr.Mike

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
got in about 12:30...on the whole friendly skies, did hit about 15 minutes of heavy rain just as I parted ways w/Pete, he going NB on 91, me heading SB...came close to taking an exit and waiting it out but saw a slither of clear skies coming up so just dropped it 10 mph and lowered my head behind the shield and luckily the rain lightened up eventually clearing up and by the time I hit the Ct line the sun was welcoming me home...

thanx all for making the return of this rally the great weekend it turned out to be for barb & I... great ride Saturday and and fun fireside evenings catching up on the past and whats ahead for 2019...

glad to see everyone got home safe, especially Ed for the distance and conditions awaiting his journey home...noticed the skies open up showing no mercy when Jeff headed out...glad to see getting soaked under the gear was the biggest problem you encountered on the way home.

Enjoy the new ride Mike...looking forward to riding with you and Laurie hopefully in June....

was nice to get to know Vlad and Summer a little better...perfect fit with this group... lots of laughs...shame you guys were pretty much forcd to cage it but nice you made the trip regardless...

pete & vic....great time as per the usual... looking forward to getting together soon....

and last but not least....to the little old lady at the Vermont Country Store who Barb tripped, knocked over ...whatever she did that caused you to hit the deck, oxygen tank and all...hope you're doing better....I'll remind Barb that Karma does find its way around in circles...she cliams she's innocent...the way Vicki tells it,,,no jury would believe her...

as per our discussion by the fire saturday nite, I informed Alison when checking out that we will be returning next year same weekend and she told me simon will email me to confirm the date...told her we'll start again with 10 rooms and take it from there.

again...thanx all for coming.

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Hiya Jay, how's it going?
Been a couple of tough weeks. Last week was the tool show. Something we haven't attended in 30 plus years. Me and one of our salesmen decided to attend this year. A lot of work for 2 people, setting up a 20x20 booth.

He was my best friend at work though, so I told him I'd do it with him.

He suffered a heart attack and died a week ago Monday at the young age of only 51. Been a very tough couple of weeks.

Another busy week coming up this week, and then hopefully some down time with normal work hours.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Glad to hear it was a good weekend for those in attendance, Dennis. You've had a rough couple of riding years and you deserved a break.

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
sorry Jay...nothing worse than losing someone close...friend or family. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Glad to hear it was a good weekend for those in attendance, Dennis. You've had a rough couple of riding years and you deserved a break.
was fun fred...always is when this group gets together...be it 6 or 60... the place was different and pretty much perfect for mc groups...Vermont riding is to die for...shame you live so far away... great to be riding again...first thing Barb and I did when we got home was to jump on the bike and head out for a ride...just got back...don't know who misses riding more... yep...good to riding again. Hows things by you?

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Everythings good here. Our big charity ride is 2 weeks from today. Bikes fixed, fluids changed , somewhat shined up. Just been to busy or the weather doesn't permit riding any distance or time. Got in a few quickies :wink2: , but that's it. How are you liking your retirement? More importantly, hows Barb holding up with your off time??? Lmao.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Where's the pics?
I know Vicky took some too. Maybe she can add to this Google Photo Album

As some of you know, the reason I had to leave early, and in the rain, this morning was because today was the unveiling of my brother-in-law's gravestone for the upcoming one year anniversary of his death on 5/24/18. Originally, I was going to ride straight to CT and meet the family at the cemetery for 2pm. But between the weather and my questionable gear, I decided to ride back to MA and cage it to CT instead. That meant being home by 11:00 AM today, which I did...even if my Google Maps Route took me over Higley Hill Road as a 9 mile shortcut from Rt 100 to Rt 9. Pouring rain and signs that say "Pavement Ends" usually make me happy. But today, I was like, Just Great!!!

It was a great 4 bike rally, fantastic to see everyone, place was very accomodating, company good, Saturday's 150 mile ride was amazing. I did 416 miles for the weekend. Looking forward to next year!
ps. sorry about your friend Jay

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
your right Jeff...not a good day for shortcuts with questionable road conditions, as hard as it began raining when you left, potholes/holes in the road fill up very quickly and can appear as a puddle with serious consequences if you fall into them. Hope the day with the family turned out as well as could be given the circumstances for the gathering.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts