Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Everythings good here. Our big charity ride is 2 weeks from today. Bikes fixed, fluids changed , somewhat shined up. Just been to busy or the weather doesn't permit riding any distance or time. Got in a few quickies :wink2: , but that's it. How are you liking your retirement? More importantly, hows Barb holding up with your off time??? Lmao.
glad to read things are good...seems no matter what part of the usa one lives, we are all dealing with crazy weather patterns... I myself haven't put many miles on the mc...that should change as the weather patterns here settle in to spring... retirement is good...for the most part playing a lot of golf...decided this year to have some fun with it...play a lot of it, practice a lot too... try to actually improve and still keep it fun...so far, getting better and no clubs have been bent in half or been thrown into the water... senior tour ready... as a caddie perhaps... not too much whitewater Kayaking,,,
shame too...with all the rain this season keeping the water levels great for ww paddling, since my daughter moved to Tenn, I do a lot less of it...is what it is...heading to San Diego in June to spend a week with my son and the grandkids...looking forward to it...what kind of charity ride do you have?

·
Registered
19,894 Posts
San Diego is nice. Time with the grandbabies is always a blast, no matter how old they get. I had to give up my golf ( hacking) when I had the wrist fusion. Sucked at it anyways but the beer was always cold.
Charity ride is for " The Childrens Miracle Network. We have fun, great ride and raise $ for the local Childrens hospital. The best part is riding past the hospital each year. Some of the patients are allowed out to watch. Seeing them and their parents out waving is so heart touching. This is our 8th straight year and it still chokes me up. I know, what a wussy. Oh well. This is the 26th annual ride locally.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Great time Dennis, I hit very little rain, coming back. Thanks for putting this Rally out there!!
Vicky and I had a great time 500 mile weekend for me. When we got back at 1:30 it was sunny so we went out for a 100 mile ride. Next year I'll put together a planned ride instead of winging it, which did turn out great!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Pre- Lunch Stop Pictures. We ended up at Ramuntos Pizza

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Fire Pit Photo's!!! Ed took over the Fire Pit for Ken.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
ken would have been proud for the job Ed did with the fire duty...a little tough getting it started Friday nite but once it got going...sweet...Saturday nite he could have given a clinic... you were still missed regardless Snake and would have loved Saturdays ride.

·
Super Moderator
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Great time Dennis, I hit very little rain, coming back. Thanks for putting this Rally out there!!
Vicky and I had a great time 500 mile weekend for me. When we got back at 1:30 it was sunny so we went out for a 100 mile ride. Next year I'll put together a planned ride instead of winging it, which did turn out great!
soon as I got on 91 I hit the rain and heavy at times...luckily traffic was light to keep the spray controllable...sometimes/most times for me...winging it turns out the best...loved the lunch spot...shame we couldn't use them for the Yankee Rally Pizza nite...also very considerate of the ladies to keep our pit stop at The Vermont Country Store to the time frame that they did...for a woman shopping in that store to be out w/in 30 minutes...better chance of hitting lotto. Shame the others were unable to join us on the ride, especially Mike with his new ride...something to look forward to next time.

·
Administrator
16,277 Posts
Dam, how did you get in? I called Monday and they said they were sold out.

·
Super Moderator
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
kinda surprised really...Simon never got back to me, but his wife Allison did make a note of it...interesting to see if they are indeed sold out with some other group booking that weekend...don't think anyone had made any reservations for next year just yet and a link for 2020 was never started... guess I'll have to call them and verify if we do indeed have 10 rooms reserved for our group.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts