Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mentioned to the wife, Barb, recently about possibly bringing back to life the MayBay Rally. While never really a highly attended rally, for some of us, it served as a great way to begin the new riding season every year, sharing a weekend here in New England reconnecting with the family here.

While it was discontinued for reasons not important to rehash here, the memory’s of members no longer with us who did attend and were also instrumental in the birth of this event, make it more the reason to add this event back to our yearly meets.

That said, I’ve decided to try to revitalize this event….with a new name...new theme...new location.

Name: MayFest 2019

Where: Kitzhof Inn...West Dover, Vt (on Rt 100)

When: May 17-19 2019

Theme: Meet, Greet, Eat & Ride...Party too

Barb surprised me this weekend with a reservation there to get a look at a place Pete recommended. We spent friday nite there, met and spoke with the owner saturday who gave me a tour and what he has found works for groups like ours. Small place...23 rooms, comfy, cozy, in a setting that offers an inside gathering room with a fireplace and bar setup for guest use in the event of inclement weather or if we just feel the need to bring sitting together indoors. An outside firepit is available, outside seating, also a hot tub and pool, and the option of the owner including a bbq dinner with various themes to pick from if we decide to go that route. We enjoyed a nice hearty breakfast saturday morning in the dining room (on their schedule 7:30-9 am), not yours ...for the late sleepers...that comes included in the room rate.

Downside is no fridge or micro in any of the rooms, but there is a community fridge available for anyone needing to use one....or just bring a cooler. Pleasant english folk who also ride, Simon, the owner offered to lead a ride if need be, they seem to understand the concept of motorcyle gatherings.

Should there be a need for an overflow, which I don’t expect there will be, there are many other options nearby available. Grocery store next door available for snacks and liquids and close enough to local eating establishments.

Waiting on more info from the owner, as per rates, which as of now will be at this years pricing. Depending on whether or not we choose the food option and which option we choose will determine the pricing, he initially mentioned something in the burger choice would be $12 per, vs $28 for the ribs/chicken choice...again just something to consider or its just chow wherever you choose.

Expecting to hear sometime this week or I’ll give them a call to get some final pricing...early I know but never early enough to lock in a place we like to have to ourselves. Like I always say….if you plan it...some will come.

Kitzhof Inn at Mount Snow - Kitzhof Inn

Presently booked:

DC and the lady chimp
Pete & Vicki
Mr. Johnny
Maria & Jeff
Mike & Lori
Vlad & Summer
Eracer

Tagged:

pbryon
Capt
duglaura
elmo

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
Mentioned to the wife, Barb, recently about possibly bringing back to life the MayBay Rally. While never really a highly attended rally, for some of us, it served as a great way to begin the new riding season every year, sharing a weekend here in New England reconnecting with the family here.

While it was discontinued for reasons not important to rehash here, the memory’s of members no longer with us who did attend and were also instrumental in the birth of this event, make it more the reason to add this event back to our yearly meets.

That said, I’ve decided to try to revitalize this event….with a new name...new theme...new location.

Name: MayFest 2019

Where: Kitzhof Inn...West Dover, Vt (on Rt 100)

When: May 17-19 2019

Theme: Meet, Greet, Eat & Ride...Party too

Barb surprised me this weekend with a reservation there to get a look at a place Pete recommended. We spent friday nite there, met and spoke with the owner saturday who gave me a tour and what he has found works for groups like ours. Small place...23 rooms, comfy, cozy, in a setting that offers an inside gathering room with a fireplace and bar setup for guest use in the event of inclement weather or if we just feel the need to bring sitting together indoors. An outside firepit is available, outside seating, also a hot tub and pool, and the option of the owner including a bbq dinner with various themes to pick from if we decide to go that route. We enjoyed a nice hearty breakfast saturday morning in the dining room (on their schedule 7:30-9 am), not yours ...for the late sleepers...that comes included in the room rate.

Downside is no fridge or micro in any of the rooms, but there is a community fridge available for anyone needing to use one....or just bring a cooler. Pleasant english folk who also ride, Simon, the owner offered to lead a ride if need be, they seem to understand the concept of motorcyle gatherings.

Should there be a need for an overflow, which I don’t expect there will be, there are many other options nearby available. Grocery store next door available for snacks and liquids and close enough to local eating establishments.

Waiting on more info from the owner, as per rates, which as of now will be at this years pricing. Depending on whether or not we choose the food option and which option we choose will determine the pricing, he initially mentioned something in the burger choice would be $12 per, vs $28 for the ribs/chicken choice...again just something to consider or its just chow wherever you choose.

Expecting to hear sometime this week or I’ll give them a call to get some final pricing...early I know but never early enough to lock in a place we like to have to ourselves. Like I always say….if you plan it...some will come.

More later.
I'm happy you're retired!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how ya doing mike...spent fri-thru Monday leapfrogging thru vt...barbs surprise treat...least she could do for having to put up w/me...amazing how quiet the backroads were for august...loved it...may have to sneak back up during the color show even if just for the day...did a good part of rt 100 Saturday before turning around to get back before the moose come out...yesterday we headed to Weston after breakfast to visit the Vermont Country Store...yep...can now scratch that off my bucket list...whatever...don't quite understand the passion the ladies have for these stores...then again they don't quite understand a guys enjoyment of the 3 Stooges.

·
Registered
377 Posts
we are doing well, riding, working and more riding when possible. We never seem to get below white river junction, we tend to go either east or west. We did a week in Maine/Bar Harbor 3 weeks ago, it was a fantastic trip! Not much else planned, we were looking at a Bentley's trip this weekend but the weather went to **** up here.

Mike

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
Sounds great ...looks like a big year for Rally's....my Victory club is putting in a bid to bring the Victory National Meet back to the Northeast too ...we are submitting a place on Lake George in July.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Dennis, Vicky and I are definitely in. This place was awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 215 Posts