Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
morning all...hope everyones holidays went well and the new year is off to a decent start. Working on putting together a get-together for anyone interested sometime in May.

Location will be in Misquamicut or Naraganset Rhode Island with the intended theme of this get together being "A tribute to Carlos"...and hopefully Fatima and her sons will be able to come spend some time with us and share in some laughs and fun like she often did with Carlos at the rallies they were always a part of.

Will be planning this for the weekend of May 10 or if better June 7. I realize the May 10 Saturday falls on Mothers Day Weekend so if June 7th is better. I'll look into that weekend instead.

This will pretty much be a get together with no planned rides...just hanging out...walking the beach...having a dinner somewhere together either at a local joint or hopefully at a motel where we may be able to grill our own and then sitting by a fire...ala Vol Tradition.

originally started looking into this get together last fall for later in the season...sept/oct 2014, I found a place that would permit us to grill and have a fire.. not the ritz ...in all reality will be hard finding a place that will permit grilling and fires that is ritz worthy that is near the water...but for one nite take it for what it is or feel free to stay somewhere nearby...your choice or just come for the day/evening and head back.

more important right now is to settle on one of the 2 weekends I mentioned and I'll go from there. Any other weekend won't work for me at this point. Let me know. Thanx...

update...

june 7th

Point 1 Resort
24-26 Winapaug rd
Misquamicut Beach
Westerly, RI 02891

info .......... 401-348-0320
reservations 1-800-901-7595

in.....
DC & the mrs***
BearBait/Woodswoman ***
Elmoann ***
Peter ***
moenko ***
id-man
mike
Capt & Michelle ***
vortex ***
Jeff & Maria ***
sixpack & Linda ***
cortjester ***
BigBert
YinYan ***

*** booked

Tagged........
Snake

·
Administrator
5,968 Posts
Either weekend works for Woodswoman and me, although I would lean towards the May weekend if given the choice. I gather you are thinking of Saturday night only, right?

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Tagged. Thank you, Dennis, for thinking to do this.

I'll be there either weekend. The May date has the disadvantage, so speak, of having Mother's Day as part of it. The June date has the disadvantage, as it were, of being the final weekend of Americade.

Neither of these will affect me; I'm just mentioning them. I simply want to get together with my VR sisters and brothers, so I'll be there whenever it works out.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
I think May is a better choice of the 2, that being said, we won't be able to make it mothers day weekend, and June 7th is iffy.

Thanks for picking up the ball on this Dennis, should be a great time.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I agree... May is better.

Unable to commit to anything right now, but I will keep an eye on this.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Sounds good Dennis, either weekend will be good for me.
Thanks for making this effort :applause:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am tagging so I can keep track of the progress. I am having my 25 anniversary in April and I just schedule a weekend away with the wife. Also. I promised my friend in Minnesota who I have not seen in two years a trip out there to fly fish sometime in May. It has been nagging me that I kept on saying I should call Carlos and see how Fatima and he is doing and I never did.

I might be down for the day, it is close enough to me.

Hope everyone is doing well.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Talked to Paul last week - he is doing well.

·
Super Moderator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey all...just returned from a few days in rochester and have been allowing a little time to pass before settling on a date since the original post...may or june...not that its still early but the history of this group with a get together in may ( maybay experience) has been alot of last minute attendees...but from the responses so far its beginning to look like a "may" date will be planned... realize the location will be a determining factor for a few...mothers day plans for sunday also another reason it won't work for some or many and for those who do have plans for sunday feel free to just join us saturday and head back saturday nite...so give it a few more weeks and then we'll settle on a date...fwiw one of the locatons i am considering is pet friendly...now lets try to work out a deal with the ZeussMan to usher in the spring weather.

·
Super Moderator
57,574 Posts
Belinda and I are going to head to the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway along with some WV routes, mixed and matched for the whole week planned for MayBay along with the 2 weekends at each end so although we'd like to attend we'll see ya'll in July :)

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
:wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy:

Does he know about this get-together plan out in his neck of the woods?

I'm sure he's watching the thread - once a date and location has been decided I'm sure he'll post.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Belinda and I are going to head to the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway along with some WV routes, mixed and matched for the whole week planned for MayBay along with the 2 weekends at each end so although we'd like to attend we'll see ya'll in July :)
Sounds like a great trip - just remembered you had taken the original Maybay week off. I still have the Friday off from the original Maybay - might be heading North for a few days.:shades:

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
I do b'lieve I'm jealous. I want to ride WV, but it seems it isn't in the cards this year, either.

See you two in July.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts