Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Bean works or for that matter, good place up the road about 5 minutes away from the Bean...Sweet Evalina's

good food, won't take forever to get served either which at The Bean on any given sunday can be quite the wait...

outside seating

or inside

pick from a good menu either breakfast of lunch

https://www.sweetevalinas.com/menus

Sweet Evalina's
688 Route 169
Woodstock, CT 06281

lets figure around 11:30 if that works....
Works for me, I am no food snob. It is the company that I keep that I am interested in. Steve, you coming? it has been a while.

·
Super Moderator
8,935 Posts
Looking at everything else that is on our calendar for tomorrow, I’m afraid BearBait and I are out for noon on Saturday.

I’m sorry. Just not enough hours in the weekend — and I sincerely need to sleep in a little. So wiped out this week that I skipped riding both yesterday and today, even though they were my last chances to enjoy my daily commute without school kids and school buses.

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Looking at everything else that is on our calendar for tomorrow, I’m afraid BearBait and I are out for noon on Saturday.

It's Sunday Chris...not Saturday

I'm still on the fence.

·
Super Moderator
8,935 Posts
It's Sunday Chris...not Saturday

I'm still on the fence.

There are two proposed rides, Jay.

One is Saturday, and a little over an hour from me. That’s the one I was eyeing, but would have to scramble to make. And I am not feeling like scrambling tomorrow. (Boo, me.)

The other’s Sunday. Pomfret area is further than I’d care to go, especially based on the afternoon forecast.

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Ah....I didn't see the Saturday ride.

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
so anyone for Saturday...will check in the morning to see if anyone is interested...if not I'll just stay local...looks like sunday is a go so far in Woodstock...

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
looks like no interest so for today I'll stay local... anyone else interested for sunday in Woodstock, see you at 11:30...ride safe everyone and have a nice weekend,

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
See you tomorrow, today it is a work day.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I really want to see you guys again. I couldn't make the wrench party after the date change and I feel like it's been almost a year since seeing yous guys.

But I also need a driveshaft for my truck and there's one for 40 dollars in Rhode Island I want to pick up on Sunday morning.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
another time steve...still got some time left in this season...have a good weekend...btw...will be doing my annual Fall lunch meet in Brookline, Nh the first Saturday in Oct...usually get a few...also usually great time of year colorwise to enjoy riding.

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
great day to ride today...lotsa bikes out...nice to see...hope some are also able to sneak in a ride or two.

·
Super Moderator
8,935 Posts
great day to ride today...lotsa bikes out...nice to see...hope some are also able to sneak in a ride or two.
We planned to do a favorite local ride this afternoon. (A chunk of our day's plans got cancelled, so we could have met you in Amenia -- but by the time we found out, it was too late to reschedule.)

Instead, the EMS pager went nuts -- I belong to a fire auxiliary -- and I responded in support of the rescuers to an accident at a local swimming hole.

The victim didn't make it. <Sigh> He was just 17 years old.

When I got back home, somehow the urge to go out and play was gone. So we relaxed at home and counted our blessings.

Stay safe out there, my friends.

·
Super Moderator
20,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
a shame on the swimming result, a reminder to us all to be careful no matter what our source of pleasure happens to be.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It was a fantastic day! I do not think anyone could if had a better day than us. Sorry folks you all missed a great ride an companionships Dennis is an awesome GPS through Connecticut backroads.
Have a good day / night everyone. My tucker put on about 200 miles.

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Was hoping to join you, even if it was last minute. Got done with the things I needed to do at 11:45....it was too late....sucks not being around all week.

Actually fell asleep on the couch this afternoon....I never, ever, ever do that. Bet it's been 20 years...

Just got done eating surf and turf....now I'm enjoying a nice cigar.

Glad you had a great day!!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Righteous!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts