Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
As for the trip, Paula and I are talking about it. Won't know for a little bit... Sorry, I cannot be so definite yet.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Dennis, for the vermont group, Vlad, Summer, Lori and myself, we are IN!!
sweet...thanx for getting back...say hi to Lori and the others.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
looks like right now we are at 6 interested...hopefully we can get to that "10" mark by the end of the month.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
last call...

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
but does she want to take you home?

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
so as of today, we have 6 rooms to be reserved and 6 maybe's...so in a few days, I will call Simon and give him the situation, if we can't guarantee 10 the rate goes up...maybe he'll reconsider...that time of year I would be surprised he'll hold rooms for those waiting for the last minute, but we'll see. Thumbs up to Pete for posting this on a place I refuse to go to...Facebook, he did pick up Michelle, Bryon, and Tena...all on the fence...Mark confirmed his interest again, having already posting here some time back...hopefully I understood his "interested" to be a yes and not on the fence.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
okay...sent Simon a message giving him an update and hoping to confirm we will be given the same rate we had last time, and if not what the new price will be...

Happy Easter Simon…after receiving your message I put it to the group and gave them till the end of march to make a commitment, noting that if folks do book and decide at the last minute they are unable to go, they will lose their deposit, I printed out your cancelation policy so there was no confusion as well as telling them to call if there were any questions so there would be no misunderstanding. At this time we are interested in the sept 17-19 weekend and we presently have 6 rooms needed to be booked with a possibility of 6 more rooms…I explained to the group the rate you quoted us

2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast each morning inc. service + tax - NO DINNER
Rates do not include alcoholic beverages, housekeeping or dining gratuities.
Double Occupancy (2 per room) $ 235.00
Triple Occupancy (3 per room) 2 rooms only $ 297.00
Single Occupancy (1 per room) $ 192.00

is for 10 rooms, so at this time we need to know if there are rooms available for that weekend and what the price for the rooms will be if there are only 6 commitments. We look forward to returning, once again disappointed in the interest but those of us who went last time couldn’t have been more satisfied with our experience there and noted it to the others. I also explained to the group that asking you to hold rooms for that time of year is unfair to you as one would assume it’s a busy time of year and other folks will be looking to also make plans for that area. Hope to hear from you soon so I can tell those interested to call and make a reservation.

hopefully he will get back to me soon so we can start making reservations. Will post the reply from him when I get it. Hope everyone has a nice easter.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
morning all...heard back from Simon...

Dennis
Good to hear back from you and we a glad you are still interested in bringing your group back.
We will book out all the rooms for now for your group and I would encourage interested parties to CALL their reservation. Please tell them that we are not sold out but the rooms are block booked out of our reservation system so we can allocate correctly with the correct rate for your group.
We can hold the group rate from last year as mentioned below but only for 10 rooms or 20 people. If your group falls below that number then the rate will revert to our rack rate, as advertised on the web site. $255.20 inc. tax for 2 people sharing.
I am surprised you are not getting more of a response because my other groups are “chomping at the bit” to get out here after COVID and all.
Alison and I will be vaccinated by then most people should be, so the risks are considerably lower.
If we can do anything to make the weekend more attractive to others in your group, let me know. (Unfortunately that the best price I can offer.)
Attached new contract letter and room list.
Regards
Simon

Group Confirmation Contract

4/5/21

Dennis Colon

[email protected]

Volusia Riders 2020

We agree to hold:-

Number of rooms 10

Arrival Date: 17th September

Departure Date: 19th September

No. of Nights: 2

No. of Guests: ?

Breakfasts: 2

Inclusive Group Package Rates include:-

2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast each morning inc. service + tax - NO DINNER

Rates do not include alcoholic beverages, housekeeping or dining gratuities.

Double Occupancy (2 per room) $ 235.00

Triple Occupancy (3 per room) 2 rooms only $ 297.00

Single Occupancy (1 per room) $ 192.00

To qualify for group rates you must have 10 rooms booked and/or 20 people or more in your party. If the final booking falls below this amount then rack rates will apply to each individual booking or room.
if the rooms are not filled within 30 days before the arrival date then they will be released to general reservations.

Deposits/Cancellations

This is a Rain or Shine Event

We do not accept late cancellations because of a change of the weather.

Cancellation Policy

If cancellation is received 14 or more days (21 days for holiday periods) prior to arrival, the deposit will be refunded less $25 per room handling charge. Within 14 days prior to arrival (21 days for holiday periods) there will be no refund on the deposit. Please remember that a reservation is your commitment for the full period that you request. If you leave the Inn before your reservation has expired or arrive late, your entire fee will be forfeited.
Deposits are applied to the last night of your initial reservation. Deposits are charged at 50% of stay price per booking or a group deposit check from the organizer. Deposit will not be refunded for last minute changes due to irregular weather, for example or other spurious reasons, Kitzhof Inn cancellation policies will apply.

Full Policies can be found www.kitzhof.com/pages/policies.html

Agreement

If everything meets with your approval, please sign a copy of this confirmation and mail or email it along with any further rooming and evening meal requirements.

We are looking forward to meeting you on your arrival.

This confirms your reservation and terms and conditions stated above:
Name of Group --------------------------------

Organisers Signature --------------------------------

Print Name/Title: --------------------------------

Date --------------------------------

Regards

Simon & Alison

Kitzhof Inn

First Floor
Second Floor
Room 1 TRIPLE
2 Double beds + 1 Twin

Max: 3 people
Up to 3 individuals
Room 14 QUEEN
1 Queen

Max: 2 people
Couple
Room 2 TRIPLE
2 Doubles + 1 Twin

Max: 3 people
Up to 3 individuals
Room 15 QUEEN

1 Queen

Couple
Room 3 DOUBLES
2 Double beds
Max:2 people
Up to 2 individuals
Room 16

--------------------------------
Room 4 DOUBLES
2 Double beds

Up to 2 individuals
Room 17 QUEEN

1 Queen

Couple
Room 5 DOUBLES
2 Double beds
Max:2 people
Up to 2 individuals
Room 18 DOUBLES

2 Double beds + Futon

Up to 2 individuals
Room 6 DOUBLES
1 Queen + 1 Twin
Up to 2 individuals
Room 19 QUEEN
1 Queen

Couple
Room 7 QUEEN
1 Queen
Couple
Room 20 QUEEN

1 Queen + 1 Twin Max: 5 people
Couple
Room 8 QUEEN
(also used for single person)
Couple or Single
Room 21 QUEEN

1 Queen bed

Couple
Room 9 SINGLE or DOUBLE
(also used for single person)
1 Queen
Couple or Single
Room 21a

----------------------------
Room 10 SINGLE

--------------------------
Room 22 QUEEN

1 Queen

Couple
Room 11 DOUBLE

---------------------------
Room 23 QUEEN
1 Queen

Couple
Room 12 QUEEN
1 Queen + pull out sofa

Max :2 people
Couple

Room 13 DOUBLE
1 Queen + 1 Twin

Up to 2 individuals

so as they say, ...now you know the rest of the story...

it appears if we don't reserve 10 rooms, the rate increases by $20...$235 to $255...is what it is...

again, I highly suggest you read their cancelation policy to avoid any unexpected charges should the need to cancel becomes an issue.

Would like to make a decision on this by the end of the week so decide and post your feelings and a yes or no so we can start reseving the rooms...

heres a better view of what each room looks like with the room number

Mountsnow Lodging, southern Vermont Bed and Breakfast near Mount Snow - Kitzhof InnKitzhof Inn

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I understand the rate increase for under 10 reservations.
But the $25 cancellation policy is a bit extreme...in my opinion.
Regardless, if the group decides to go, I'm in.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
yes I agree but its a business and in all fairness today some people feel its a customers right to call at the last minute and cancel and its then on the owner to hopefully be able to fill the spot.Will probably play a big factor in folks not signing up for that particular weekend, then again it seems like aside from the Yankee Rally, there has been little interest in other rallies per se..I remember the last OctVRFest we had at Cooperstown, pretty much had an attendance that could be counted on one hand,,,this particular rally 2 years ago drew all of 6 reservations , one of the attendee's... Ed...coming from Pa...and the weather for that weekend was nice...although Ed and Mr Johnny will tell you heading home was a little wet.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
don't forget, this price includes a delicious breakfast.... ask for the Mr. Johnny Special.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks for all the efforts. I'm in, I will update the Facebook page.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
don't forget, this price includes a delicious breakfast.... ask for the Mr. Johnny Special.
I don't really remember breakfast...only that I was a PITA and asked for something off menu that was delicious.
What I do remember is the harrowing ride home in the pouring rain where I got re-routed by Google Maps over a dirt road mountain, all my rain gear failed (jacket, boots, pants, gloves) and I absolutely had to be home by 12pm, showered and ready to drive down to CT for my brother-in-law's gravestone unveiling. Good times!

But I'll sign up again for this rally. Fall riding in VT? No brainer.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
whatever it was you ordered for breakfast turned out to be what everyone else wanted and ordered also , where the name Mr,Johnny Special came about... wouldn't be surprised to see it listed on the breakfast menu this time...

so far it looks like...

DC
Mr, Johnny
Pete

are willing regardless of the number of attendees and in the higher pricing if we don't meet the quota for the group rate.
Anyone else?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts