Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
had some scrapple for breakfast once when I went to Pa for a kayak weekend of paddling on the Lehigh...had never heard of it, saw it on the breakfast menu at a mom & pop breakfast place, figured I'd try it...would have been a good choice had I been going back to the motel where a bathroom would have been close by... live and learn...never try something ones body may not agree with when spending the day on the road on the mc or in a kayak on the river.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I fear I have been misunderstood.

My suggestion is to post about the rally both here and on Facebook, to reach more of "the usual suspects." That's what was done last year, and is being done again this year, for the Yankee Rally. Same rally, advertised in two places.

Yes, it's a nuisance. But it also works.

As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.
I think we all understand your point chris and it is a valid one ...that being said...it goes against the creed of the grumpy old men syndrome...being stubborn, set in our ways and refusing to adjust to modern times. Sort of like an old dog who plants himself in a spot in the way of everyone,,,no matter how much you move him, he keeps going back to the same spot and plops himself down. Isn't there some old saying about "Can't teach an old dog new tricks"...while the dog is capable, its more a matter if he really wants to learn. Shame so very few ever come back here, even if just for a pop in...I'll blame it on Beez.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well nice to see theres still hope for Vermont...will give it till the end of March and then make a decision...thanx to those who replied.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Interested in a Rally in September in Vermont. My issue now is the 14 day quarantine at work if I leave the state where I live or work. Hopefully this will be lifted during the summer.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
seems like some states are relaxing on their restrictions...don't know if thats a good or bad thing but with the help of the vaccine now being offered, perhaps its a way in trying to get certain things somewhat back to normal...or at least offering some hope we are headed in that direction...

we too are following closely as presently Ct is in that not allowed to leave the state w/o a quarantine status for certain jobs...barbs being one of them...but seems like the governor is about to make some changes in that...hopefully by sept, we will be allowed more freedom in going anywhere in this country.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
texted me where...I don't text..and if I did, it wouldn't be to you...loser.

btw...hows your mom doing?

·
Super Moderator
9,127 Posts
Ct is in that not allowed to leave the state w/o a quarantine status for certain jobs...barbs being one of them...
Same here.

At the moment, if I dare to stay overnight in another state, I have to have two clean COVID tests, 5 days apart, before I can return to work. So a week of missed employment -- out of my own bucket of time-off hours, no telecommuting allowed -- for daring to be so irresponsible as to sleep overnight in Vermont.

At some point, the powers that be are gonna have to knock it off. I work for a hospital (information systems, not patient care); I'm fully vaccinated; but no allowance is currently being given to me due to my vaccination status. Same restrictions apply to me as to my coworker in the next cubicle who turned down the vaccine.

If it doesn't get better this summer, it might be time for me to reconsider working for a hospital.

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
Yeah, at my work if we travel out of state, or more than 300 miles, we have to wait 5 days from when we return just to get tested, we can return once the negative test result comes in.

I've already been told I'll be starting to travel again in April, they want me to go to Michigan and Minnesota.

They better change the rules by then.

·
Super Moderator
61,547 Posts
texted me where...I don't text..and if I did, it wouldn't be to you...loser.

btw...hows your mom doing?
Oh, I thought I read where you texted Jeff good wishes.
Hopefully better than yesterday. Thanks for asking.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
barb texted for the both of us...did she get the vaccine?

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
she survived all those years with you, guess she can survive anything. Say hi to Belinda.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Took bike out for first ride of season today. Started right up. Out for about 2hrs. Felt great. Loved hitting those pockets of warm air then cooler air. Close to 70 today, but mid 60's when I got out after work.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Took bike out for first ride of season today. Started right up. Out for about 2hrs. Felt great. Loved hitting those pockets of warm air then cooler air. Close to 70 today, but mid 60's when I got out after work.
I rode on Wednesday for about 45 minutes, it was nice to be on two wheels. I am hoping to get out today for an hour around lunch. I have a couple of ideas on where and what I want to do... Maybe the bride will join me for a lunch break.

Reactions: Mr. Johnny...
21 - 40 of 77 Posts