Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
something new I guess...sister rally to the OctVRFest...whatever...Mayfest questionable right now so going to try something a little on the end of the year riding cycle and try the weekend of Sept 17-19 at a place a group of us spent a weekend in May of 2019 at

Mount Snow Lodging, Kitzhof Inn at Mount Snow Vermont - Kitzhof InnKitzhof Inn | Mount Snow Vermont

The inn for those who weren't there in 2019 is unique, each room a different flavor, swimming pool outside, nice outside fireplace with unlimited wood for the taking and burning. In the event of inclement weather several sitting areas inside as well as a self service bar area. Not your typical motel...worked out nice last year and the reason we voted as a group to return there....good hosts...not to mention a delicious breakfast included with the room rate.

Looking to see the interest before contacting the owner Simon and telling him to hold rooms. He does have a strict policy on cancelations so be aware if you decide/need to cancel, read the fine print to avoid any misunderstandings should this become an issue or feel free to contact him with any questions before booking. Some places we have stayed at in the past have been perhaps more cancel friendly, unfortunately this is a business and to lock up a room and then at the last minute have it become empty...well, just something too consider before reserving a room.

Her's an email I received from him yesterday..

Dennis
Hope you are well and healthy.
Bike groups are booking for spring and summer.
I guess people just want to get out and I can’t think of a better way than on your motorcycle in Vermont.
I thought I would let you know what dates we still have for 2021.
June 3-6, 18-20 and 25-27
July 2-4, 9-11 and 16-18
August 27-29
September 17-19
This year we are offering meals every night if you want them.
Also I am willing to lead a ride if you want.
We look forward to seeing you!

Regards
Simon Ferris
kitzhof.com
802 464 8310

as of now, I have not contacted him to hold rooms...last mays rates we were offered were

2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast each morning inc. service + tax - NO DINNER
Rates do not include alcoholic beverages, housekeeping or dining gratuities.
Double Occupancy (2 per room) $ 235.00
Triple Occupancy (3 per room) 2 rooms only $ 297.00
Single Occupancy (1 per room) $ 192.00

they do offer a dinner package but personally felt it better to go with the no dinner option for the group.

so...just throwing it out there to see what the interest is before letting him know we are interested or not interested, and to hold rooms aside for us. He did require 10 rooms to give us a group rate, otherwise we will be charged at the regular rate. Last time we only had I believe 6 rooms filled, being early May, he charged us the group rate, can't say that will be the case this time.

Think about it,,,great riding in vermont that time of year.

so far booked....

dcinct.................booked
mr johnny...........booked
pete................... booked
Mr Mike & Lori... booked
Vlad & Summer...booked
Chris C...........booked
Jim..................booked
Snake.............. booked
pbyron.............booked
lorraine...........booked
Jamie............booked
SweetLu.......booked

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumpidy do...

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
bumpidy do...
This thread is an indication of, sadly, how few of the Yankee chapter members stop by the forum these days.

Your best bet to drum up interest in this gathering, Dennis, in my opinion -- which I realize you didn't ask for -- would be to enlist someone who uses Facebook to advertise it there.

I'm afraid the days of "post it and they will come" are gone. Now you need to post on more than one social medium, or you're not going to reach your intended audience.

Sorry. But it is what it is.

--Chris the Pest

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to agree w/you Chris andt my stubborness on this matter, refusing to go the FB route, for the last few years has resulted in poor showings in anything I have attempted to put together for this group here in the northeast...is what it is...won't stop me from posting lunch/coffe meets or rides in the future , I have accepted the fact most of the old group have moved onto FB...but I do find it interesting that this particular thread has had over 100 views and yet only 1 response...Mr Johnny...one of those hmmmmm things I guess. Give it another week and then will probably pull the plug. Shame, thought planning something for that time of the year would draw some interest. Hope all is well your way with you and Mike.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
I'm personally interested, Dennis. But I can't commit just now, because I already have plans the week before and don't know if I can get back-to-back weeks off.

We certainly DO need to revive the idea of an autumn rally. But if you need a commitment right now, with forum traffic obviously dried up ... and you don't take the message to where your audience can be reached ... well .....

Mike and I are good 'nuff here, thanks. Tired as heck of winter and confinement. C'mon, Spring!!

Love to Barbara. Miss you both.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Dennis, Don't give up on the forums. I have removed my FB from my phone and made a PROMISE to not go on it for at least Lent. I might give it up again for another 10 years. My mind is clear, my heart is purer, I spend more time with people I am with and not looking over phone phone to see them.

As for this ride, I am interested but cannot make a commitment at this time. I am always looking for people to ride with and we do not even have to have a reason.

Reactions: Mr. Johnny...

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
morning Carl...not giving up on anything here, just realizing its a different time and place for many of us here that use to get together,,,part of life I guess, interests change, time available to participate doesn't always coincide with dates things are planned for,...some just want a break from it all...understandable, so hopefully the continuing lunch meets will draw some interest, I told jeff if this particular sept vermont weekend thing falls thru, I"ll probably head to the cape for an overniter and suggested he should join me......That time of year should find many places available for lodging w/o a need to worry about planning far in advance...you and Paula would be welcome to come if its sounds like something the two of you would enjoy...but lots of time for that...hope things are well your way with the family as well as the folks, look for the annual Riding With The Fools Lunch meet the frist weekend in April if the weather permits...will be good to be on the two wheels. Always enjoy our get togethers, looking forward to many more.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
look for the annual Riding With The Fools Lunch meet the frist weekend in April if the weather permits...will be good to be on the two wheels. Always enjoy our get togethers, looking forward to many more.
Waiting for the first ride! I saw a gentlemen out yesterday and I was envious. I was actually thinking about going out because they have not used salt and sand on the road on my town, just a salt solution they put out prior to the snow storms.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I set up an FB account over a decade ago, then deactivated it a few months later.
Not for me.
I'll stay old school and get info for rides and rallies here.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Waiting for the first ride! I saw a gentlemen out yesterday and I was envious. I was actually thinking about going out because they have not used salt and sand on the road on my town, just a salt solution they put out prior to the snow storms.
have seen quite a few riders out there in the past week, especially in the shoreline area where the wife & I went for a few days just to get away...hoping to get out maybe wednesday for a quickie if nothing white falls from the sky between now and then. Keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I set up an FB account over a decade ago, then deactivated it a few months later.
Not for me.
I'll stay old school and get info for rides and rallies here.
I had an account a long time ago and then I wiped personal data and let it lapse. Then one day, a couple of years ago. I got an email that I was hacked. So I went in and reclaimed it. But after a while I noticed I was not really happy being on it and it was not doing anything for me. So, I just removed it from my phone. I am hoping to never get back on it again. But some people just love that site for passing out information. So, I will see how good Paula is at passing me the information. ;-)

Reactions: Mr. Johnny...

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Holding out for now. Depends on what's happening with work and other tentative vacation plans. I hope to get out to Vegas for a Raiders game, and want to see their schedule before committing.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks like the trip will be more likely heading east than north...on a positive note...haven't done an overniter on the cape with the group...wonder if a certain someone will be grand marshalling a parade in P-Town that weekend...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I view these posts, but since it a 1.5 butt burner ride just to get to your area...Kinda hard to attend...LOL, I am in Indiana...not too many Volusia/Boulevard riders around here...only seen one other in the wild since 2007..

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I get it...where ya from? have had several meets on the ct/ny line, even have the yearly shoo fly pie meet at the Delaware Water gap in Penn...usually try to post somewhere central to those interested when trying to plan something at the last minute...hopefully we'll get together this riding season.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'd love to join in the fun but it's too uncertain with the border closed and Covid. I would have to wait and see. Same with the Yankee Rally. I don't search for motorcycle rally's or MC events on facebook. It would suck if posted there and not on a MC forum.

Reactions: duglaura

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep...thats the problem these days trying to plan anything while we still are dealing with Covid...no guarantees it won't get better or worse especially with too many saying they really don't think they will be getting the vaccine...totally understandable too...its a personal choice/decision and I don't think either decision is right or wrong... last year we had 2 rallies planned, one in May the other in JUne...may one canceled, the june one still went on with about half of those who initially planned on attending......a reason I planned this one for sept instead of May...more time for things to hopefully get better...the yankee in June hopefully goes off...booked for that one and planning on going unless they shut the motel down or it gets canceled...hard planning for anything in these uncertain times...hope things are well up your way.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
It would suck if posted there and not on a MC forum.
I fear I have been misunderstood.

My suggestion is to post about the rally both here and on Facebook, to reach more of "the usual suspects." That's what was done last year, and is being done again this year, for the Yankee Rally. Same rally, advertised in two places.

Yes, it's a nuisance. But it also works.

As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Sixpack
1 - 20 of 251 Posts