Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

New England Gang...Saturday Oct 29...Bears BBQ...Windsor, CT...noon

826 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  DCinCT 
#1 ·
promised myself I would plan a lunch and cruise this riding season to Bears BBQ after reading this story earlier in the year when Ukraine was invaded...

Owner of Bears BBQ heads to Ukrainian border to help feed the hungry | fox61.com

shame it took so long to finally plan it but that being said, this saturday I will fullfill that promise.

Been a patron of that establishment many times over the years and have enjoyed a great meal so hopefully some will join me saturday if for no other reason than to say thanks to Bears BBQ for their generous and heartwarming gesture they made back then to the people of Ukraine.

Figure a noon meet at the Windsor site...for those unfamiliar...on Rt 75 on the windsor/windsor locks line.

Bear's Smokehouse BBQ (bearsbbq.com)

Hope to have some company, if not,,,hope everyone is still taking advantage of riding weather and being safe out there.

#3 ·
🙁 unable to attend, got a lot of family things going on. Sorry, I miss you guys

#11 ·
good lunch today...thanx Snake and Mark for the company...good to catch up on whats been going on...also a great day for riding...hope everyone makes it home safe. Have a good weekend.

#12 ·
Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Mower

Automotive tire Window Motor vehicle Plant Automotive exterior
This is what I road today. Got the front and back done in 5 hours. Just raking, would have taken me 3 to 5 days depends on the intensity of the work. Still want to make another pass next weekend. But it was great to be outside all day and my father was right there with me. Could not get any better.

#16 ·
Mike fired up the Kubota today, and I wielded the electric leaf blower. (I felt well enough to do it, yeah!!)

Took us about 2 hours, but you can tell once again where our yard stops and where the woods begin. Our leaves are 95% down here, so that's it for mowing/mulching until next year.

The tractor is now parked in the garage, as contrasted with its summer residence in the lean-to woodshed. We can put it on the battery tender if we like.

We did this instead of going for a ride. Adulthood blows, LOL!

#17 ·
on a lunch break right now...back yard and sides done...thats the easy part tho..will start on the front after lunch and hopefully be done by tommorrow...beautiful day too...was tempted to take advantage and go for a ride and then come back and do some fishing...but accepted the fact it wasn't windy outside, nice day,,,good day to get it done...will be glad tommorow nite ...still have leaves on the trees tho so not done yet but go head start.And you're right Chris...adulthood blows..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.