Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
still find it hard to believe the mc crowd The Bean draws every year gets no respect with the condition of their gravel lot...realize they don't want some riding faster than they need to entering/exiting but do something, or at least put up some sort of a guardrail along the road side of the lot where many park their rides before something tragic happens that could have been prevented. May be time to find a "new" Bean.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sound busy Carl, Dennis should come help you ;)
He has offered! Many times. But for some reason.... Not the type of person to ask for help. It is a flaw of mine. I know how busy everyone is and I do not want to put anyone out.

However, my house is empty and everything but the bikes, rubbish and metal I am taking to the redemption center is out of the house. Tonight, I am going in to vacuum the basement and the garage and buff the wooden floors. Next Saturday I will finish the rest and I believe the open house is on Sunday. I pulled my batteries on our bikes and have them charging. I hope to get them in during the week and get them to the new house by Friday.

My parents were in Ireland while we moved them. They come back "home" tomorrow to a new house and a big mess! We accepted an offer on my parents house and should pass papers next week or so.

In the new house, I have a garage full of things that have to be sorted through and ask the question. Do we (I) really need this and the make a pile so we can order a dumpster. Does anyone want an 80# bottle jack? It does not lift 80# it weights 80#. I think it could lift about 30 tons. My parents have multiple of everything and with our stuff we have even more. So much stuff collected.

It was such a nice day yesterday. I hope everyone got out and enjoyed a ride.

Peace, my friends will see you shortly

·
Super Moderator
20,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
think that's one of the reasons many folks decide not to move or sell when they age...the effort required to get rid of all that stuff that really isn't needed...some of it yes but for the most part time to let it go...I too am one who has a hard time letting go, and when I eventually do, I replace that space with some other useless junk I will seldom use and find myself taking years to finally admit it times to get rid of it. Glad to see its coming along Carl, you must be excited... soon enough it'll be like a new beginning.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
think that's one of the reasons many folks decide not to move or sell when they age...the effort required to get rid of all that stuff that really isn't needed...some of it yes but for the most part time to let it go...I too am one who has a hard time letting go, and when I eventually do, I replace that space with some other useless junk I will seldom use and find myself taking years to finally admit it times to get rid of it. Glad to see its coming along Carl, you must be excited... soon enough it'll be like a new beginning.
I think as we get older, we become sadistic bastards and finally jam our kids for all they did to us, leaving everything we own for them to clean-up. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Administrator
16,270 Posts
Well pulled the gas tank and changed the air filter tonight. No mouse in the air cleaner, that's good.

They do however love my seat pan. Two years ago the little bastards went into a small hole in the seat and ate some foam. I filled the holes with crumpled tin foil and covered them.

So they made a nice nest on my seat pan....hope they enjoyed the ride yesterday, nothing was there when I took the seat off....just the dam nest filling the gap between the seat pan and the seat.

At least they left the wires alone, little Bastards.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Jay, how did the air filter look?
Did you pull the rubber strip from the top of the new filter?

·
Administrator
16,270 Posts
No, I left the rubber strip on. Prefer the intake to be quieter.

I'm not looking for anything extra out of the bike, it does everything I want it to do.

·
Administrator
16,270 Posts
dryer sheets work like mothballs and hardly take up any room
Yeah they work.....for 2-3 days, do a search....myth busted :)

61 - 80 of 85 Posts