Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just learned one of our family here at VOL was involved in an accident...Pete...(Peter69) Saturday...no details yet...was in the hospital and unsure if he has been released yet...4 broken ribs and a slightly punctured lung are all I know so far with 6-8 weeks for a full recovery. Keep him in your prayers all. Will update as I learn more. Sucks to say the least.

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
Someone let us know if he needs anything. We can go grab his bike so he's not having storage fees. Let us know what he needs.

·
Super Moderator
8,929 Posts
Oh no!! Dennis, thank you for letting us know.

Please share with us whatever you learn, and if you talk to Pete, let him know we're concerned and very willing to help in any way possible.

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
Ok, this is what I got between flights.

Pete was riding alone, came around a blind corner and a car backed out in front of him.

Victory is totalled. He is out of the hospital and staying with Vicki recovering.

I don't know the extent of the injuries.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Heal well Pete! Nurse Vicki take care of our boy! Saying prayers for you guys

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
get well soon, Peter!

Reactions: Peter69

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
Tried calling and texting Pete...no answer. Wonder if his phone was damaged in the accident as well.

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Prayers heading north

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
Just got off the phone with Pete.

He was wearing all the gear, (pants and jacket), no road rash at all. He has 4 cracked ribs and a small puncture on his lung.

A car backed out in front of him, he swerved to try and avoid hitting it head on, but his saddle bag hit the car and flipped him.

He woke up to someone telling him to breathe, remembers an ambulance, but not much else.

He got out of the hospital yesterday. He is very sore, all his muscles are killing him, in addition to the ribs and lung.

If the bike is totalled, (he hasn't seen it yet), he would like to grab some parts off it. I told him a couple of us can come up with tools and take whatever he needs off for him.

He is home right now, but heading to Vickie's tonight.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Dammit.
I hate this stuff.

Heal well Pete.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
This sux, but glad Pete will make it through it. Bikes can be replaced, bodies can't. Linda and I will send positive energy his and Vickies way and keep them close in prayer.

Relax and heal quickly my friend.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts