Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta keep the tradition alive...so anyone who would rather enjoy meeting for a lunch and a cruise vs spending the day amongst frenzied shoppers, you do have options.

Depending on the interest will determine the venue...usually meet around noon, even if just for a coffee and a treat if your tummy hasn't yet freed up some space from the previous days eating binge....figure a short cruise to follow for those interested before the darkness sets in.

Hoepfully the weather gods will be friendly and throw us riders a bone...hope there is some interest, if not, have a good holiday season and see you next year.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sounds good 👍

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see that...still hoping for the best but not looking good...and satuday/sunday just too cold for me for anything more than a local hour loop jaunt....hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving...will confirm one way of the other come late thursday/early friday but if the current forecast holds true, going to have to cancel.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
forecast hasn't changed much other than to include possible white stuff later in the day so logic dictates to say close but no cigar...thanx to those who were considering. Enjoy the weekend.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You too Dennis. Happy Thanksgiving 👍

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
Rain just shifted to snow here in the Catskills, though it isn't sticking yet. A sad sight.

Weather was was good enough yesterday that I could have pulled out the bike for a ride. Might have, just to say I did, if I hadn't been up to my elbows in making Thanksgiving dinner.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thought about it yesterday too...warm enough...ended up hitting the lake with my new fishing toys...turned out to be a good choice...

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
18 inches...

my first bass since I took up fishing back in sept...been catching mostly yellow perch and a few pickerels...having alot of fun...have tallied over 70 fish so far...lake where I have been having good luck is all of 10 minutes away, usually go every nite if I can for an hour or so...my daughter got me into it when she came up to the white mts for a vacation w/the bf and me and barb went up there to spend a few days with them before we headed to the SeptVRFest in vermont... took those pics to show her that I finally caught a legitimate fish aside from 6-10 inch perch that I usually catch...not that I'm complaining.

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
We'll get you out on the big pond for some fishing next year Dennis.

We head out of Niantic.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
used to charter a boat every year with a group of guys from the post office back when.....lots of fun and affordable when doing with a group...caught alot of blues...had alot of laughs and considering none of us were really experienced in the sport and having someone who knew where to find the fish was worth the expense...always ran a pool to see who would be the first guy to puke his guts out from riding in the boat...more laughs...good memories...daughter figured I'd be investing in a boat seeing how much I enjoy fishing...told her maybe a canoe...definitely nothing with a motor that will need servicing or leave me stranded somewhere...already have one of those toys...my mc. Wonder if my AAA covers boat towing...nevermind. I have found an hour or two feeds my need when I want to give Barb a break from my mindless annoying bs... good strategy tho...works every time.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
btw...did wake up to some white stuff covering on the ground...not much, but enough to realize that maybe these 60 degree treats we've been getting lately are perhaps a thing of the past...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts