Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone.

I am now the proud new owner of a 2013 C50T Blvd. Currently I am riding a Suzuki GSXF 650. So as you can imagine this is a big change for me. I don't get my new bike until March so I am just going to have to wait and dream. Plus with the snow and cold we are having there is no riding in my near future. My hubby and I have been looking for a cruiser for me for a while. Too many people have told me to go bigger (cc's) and I just dont get it. I don't plan on taking a passenger and how many cc's do you really need? I am tall at 5"10 so it was tough finding the right midsize cruiser for me. The Yamaha 950 was too small and the vulcan did not fit as well as this one seems to. Everytime I sat on a C50 I felt comfortable. The seat is a tad higher and the bike is longer which accomodates my long legs (34 inseam) I am very excited and can't wait to make the transition.

I look forward to checking out this forum.

Cheers

Katie

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome Katie!

I personally think the C50 has enough power and you won't feel the need to get something bigger. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Welcome Katie.. from up the road in Alliston, You and Lois Mack should hook up!...lol..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I am excited. We were not going to buy new but got a great deal and a really good trade on my old bike which also saves tax. ModZuki I am in Rockwood not sure you know where that is?

·
Super Moderator
28,293 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

If you're looking to ride like a maniac, buy a sport bike, otherwise, don't listen to the nay sayers, the C50 is plenty powerful. I ride with 1800cc bikes on a regular basis, if they wanted they could leave me in a heartbeat, and I'd just find other people to ride with. :biglaugh: None of them have ever complained that I was holding them back.

Btw, you must be all legs, I've got a 34" inseam, but I'm 6'1"! :wayhappy:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
WooooHooooo! Welcome from Massachusetts! I moved into the Volusia 800 (Pre c50 name) from a small Kawasaki and I am set for life! It's a great bike for many sizes of riders! I'm sure you will love her! Congrats girl!!!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

If you're looking to ride like a maniac, buy a sport bike, otherwise, don't listen to the nay sayers, the C50 is plenty powerful. I ride with 1800cc bikes on a regular basis, if they wanted they could leave me in a heartbeat, and I'd just find other people to ride with. :biglaugh: None of them have ever complained that I was holding them back.
You are correct there, Whiskey! Plenty of power for cruisin' and having fun, an Lots of pep when needed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome from Down Under.....

The bike has enough power for cruising although in standard trim it is set up for a very soft power delivery, :scoot: I was shocked when I took delivery of mine after test riding an older model with basic mods.

Add an upgraded intake and exhaust system with a bully or similar controller and you can tweak how and when the power is delivered. The difference is chalk and cheese.

After fitting mine I remember thinking "Now this is more like a 800cc V-Twin" :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,130 Posts
Welcome from the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York. I look forward to the day you take delivery of your new ride. Until then, there's lots to learn here, and nice people to help answer your C50 questions.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts