Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 C50 T, and have many questions that I'm sure will be answered here. I qualify as a senior citizen, and my Goldwing is starting to feel a bit heavy if I overbalance even a bit. I really like being able to put both feet on the ground with the C50, and the weight difference is great. I usually ride 1 up, so power isn't a concern. I just bought it and rode the 115 miles home in 34 degrees, missing the big fairing, my electric jacket liner, and the cylinder heads above my toes. Still glad I made the purchase, but was feeling like there should be a sixth gear.
I live off the beaten path in Southern Idaho, now. The Cornhusker Joe came from living in Nebraska for a few years when they were a perenial football powerhouse.
My first concern is the factory leather (leatherette?) saddlebags - the lids have shrunk so much that they can't be latched. Is there a remedy besides buying new bags? It looks like the lids are riveted on, so I would think a replacement could be fitted, but also understand that I'm dealing with a 15 year old bike. Is anyone familiar with this problem?
Thank you. I look forward to the ride, and reading more of this Forum.
Joe

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
welcome to the family...going from a wing to a 800 cruiser will be quite the change...and you will forever be looking for that 6th gear on the open road...great bike for the back country 40-65 mph roads,,,can handle the highways but you do sense it working harder...still a great mc...my first mc was a 04 volusia and I logged 87k miles on it till I moved on to the c90...very happy with that model also...as for the bags, dump them and get a new set...I used Willie & Max on mine...

Luggage and bags Bag Shoulder bag Rectangle Handbag

lined the insides with thin plywood and it kept that rigid look as long as I had the bike...good product,,,held up well...highly recommend...or you could go with

Vision care Bumper Rectangle Camera accessory Liquid

type...find lots on ebay and a few threads here on what others have tried and how the bags worked for them...

hope it works out for you...enjoy, ride safe, and don't forget newbie duties tending to the coffee pot.

·
Super Moderator
34,437 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I think the monkey covered it for you. He does appreciate bananas as a tip. You can leave them in the lounge while you're tending the coffee pot. Don't forget to fill the fridge with beer while you're in there though.

·
Registered
2000 Intruder VL1500 - 2007 Burgman 650 - 1993 Honda Helix
38 Posts
Welcome aboard! I too had a 2005 C-50. The constant desire for a 6th gear ( or taller gear set) is why I moved up to the VL1500. None the less, I'm sure you'll truly enjoy the fun to ride C-50 for many years. DCinCT hit the nail on the head.... dump the old bags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts