Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
馃榿Thanks for the info. im anxiously awaiting arrival of parts for sure now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I completely forgot to mention, last weekend the tube blew out on my rear tire, I just got my new tube and tire mounted and installed it back on the bike today. While I was waiting, I found a used M50 rear wheel with a good looking tire on it on eBay for $240. I ordered it for a backup, but since it's a tubeless mag wheel, I'll likely swap it on and see how it looks. At least I have a backup now so I can keep riding if it happens again. Stay tuned for pics. Supposed to be here Monday.

Registered
Nice looking color on the bike. I picked up a 98 LC last year that would backfire on deceleration. There were a few things it could have been, but what I fixed first was to replace the exhaust gasket on the rear jug. It was leaking. No more backfire.

Registered
Alright. I gave up waiting on shipping from ebay and grabbed a single 24" locally. Got home made three cuts (one at each weld and 1 to split the pack in two) and put them in (hammer tight about 1in deep). Done in like 15min. For sub $30 exhaust can't comain. at idle is the real shine. 馃榿

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Good for you! Take it for a ride yet? Since you have had a bike with V&H pipes, I'm really interested in your feedback on this sound

Registered
Immediately took it for a ride for a couple hours around town. Dad bought his first bike in a 35+yrs, a Kingpin, a few weeks ago and hadn't got to ride it so we had planned to go anyways. As to comparisons, that was a few years ago. For the money I dont think there is a comparison.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Okay, one more update. I finally got the Gman 09+ performance intake in the mail today! I installed this in just a bit over a half hour. It's very, very simple. And a nice piece! I already had the Bully, and to anyone considering buying one or the other... Just buy the package with both. The discount he gives is substantial for the package, and he was nice enough to give me that discount AFTER I had already purchased, received, and installed the Bully. Very nice guy!

I only had time to take it out for a short, night test ride. But I felt the difference immediately. I can't wait to get more seat time and play with the Bully settings a bit to see the real difference.

Also, I received my M50 rear wheel/tire today. The tire has tons of tread, and is only a 2018! The M50 wheel totally bolts right on the C50, can confirm. Now I can patch/replace my second rear tube this year on my spoked rear wheel and put it aside for a backup. Got another puncture, literally the second time I rode on my new tire and tube...

I also bought tire spoons, a balancer, spoke and sticky weights, and will NEVER pay someone to fix/repair a tire again.

The only other mod I have planned at this time, is painting the front rim black to match the rear, and I have a tinted w/black hardware Flyscreen windshield coming from National Cycle to break up the wind a bit. It's tiny, and I'm excited to see how it looks and how effective it is.

I am considering getting John's forward controls and a lowering kit, but think I'll just ride as much as possible for the rest of this year. My months are numbered up here in Wisconsin!!

Registered
Definitely let us know about the fly screen. I never heard of them before about 2 days ago. I hate the "chips" windshield I have but riding without sucks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29

Will do, this is the one I got. Reviews are mixed, but everyone pretty much says it gets the wind off your chest and looks bad a$$.

Registered
These were my considerations.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
TJ, You get the cheaper one on the right and if neither of us is happy with what we got, we can switch. I've been looking at something very similar to your second watched one for awhile.

Registered
Only Only reason I haven't already ordered that 1 is it's completely custom doesn't come with any mount you have to make your own plus like with the fly screen I worry about it being big enough to actually block enough wind

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
What about this one?

Registered
I looked at that 1 on eBay also pretty sure it does come with mount that's why it says specify tube size

Registered
Discussion Starter #35

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Well I definitely like the look of it. I'll report back after some field testing and adjustment. I'm pretty tall, over 6' 4", and I've got it angled in a way that it should shoot the air up over my head. SHOULD.

Registered
Yeah fr sure let us know how it blocks the wind

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Speaking of field testing... I drove the bike today about 80 miles. First major ride with the new Gman intake installed. I am honestly very impressed with the gains. There is a significant response and seat of the pants increase everywhere. The bike has never responded and accelerated so effortlessly at higher speeds. In 4th and 5th the acceleration doing 60-80 is impressive. I only made a .5 adjustment up in the yellow setting, I tried bumping up the red as well, and didn't get a positive response, so I put it back.

But WOW! Bike actually feels like it has some torque now. I don't think there's much left to do at this point. I see C90 drives are cheap but I cruise on mostly hilly, twisty, country roads and like the bike winding out.

There's also some pretty serious engine breathing noises going on, even at idle. It did definitely change the tone of the exhaust a bit too. I think everyone should have a Bully and this intake if you have an 09 up. Very nice piece.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
TJ,
Looking at the install instructions for that Mohawk shield, the clamps and spacer set up looks almost identical to the Flyscreen I just installed. I'm pretty confident it's a measure, then choose your rubbery spacer type install. Relatively universal. I think the Mohawk might look pretty bada$$.

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
Okay, I've ridden and adjusted, and ridden again with the Flyscreen. Verdict is this-
Not surprising to anyone probably, it does NOT block all the wind. It does, indeed keep the wind from hitting my chest and most of my shoulders. This is noticable and appreciated and let me relax my body and shoulders. Most of the wind is directed right at my face, head, and just the very top of my shoulders.

If I duck my head down enough, I can find the cutoff spot for blockage. It's pretty low. I currently ride with a half helmet and goggles that go over my glasses. I did not find the ride any LESS comfortable with the Flyscreen installed.

I'm totally keeping it for looks alone! It looks amazing and unique. I will continue to adjust it and see if I can make any positive redirection of the airstream. I'd be interested to try that National Cycle Mohawk screen, but certainly can't justify buying another one!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts