Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I got to ride that 2006 C90 today. And I liked it! If I didn't know it I would have thought I was riding my Volusia but with much better suspension. Looking down at the speedometer was like looking down at my own. Everything was familiar and in the right location. The ride quality reminded me of my 2011 Nomad but with much better handling. It's like a cross between my Volusia and the Nomad. So that's the good.

Here's the bad. The bike only has 2500 miles on it. Wherever it was stored must have been a wet location. looks like the dealer replaced all of the rubber on the bike but every piece of chrome has rust. The kickstand looks like it was standing in water. Even the handlebars and headlight bucket have rust spots. The only other thing I did not like about it was I couldn't hear the exhaust. But I think there's a fix for that ;)

The rust concerns me. It ran fine. The paint looks really good on it but just the chrome.

What do you think? They've had the bike for a month. They're asking $3999.00 I was thinking about low-balling them on the price and just see what they say.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Skrapiron

What you think of this one?

Hi. Jmbrad. I know this is a older post but I looked at one of these in my search. I never bothered to ride it after I researched it on line. Here is why. When the bikes came out they were selling for over 15k brand new. At the end of their run dealers were offering them for 5 to 7k brand new. Problems were as follows. Bad ergonomics for rider and 1up. Bad seat. Bad suspension, which caused poor handling. These things can apparently be improved somewhat, but will cost you some bucks. Owners said Honda didn't support the bike, and killed it's resale value. Much as they did with the crx1000, of which I happen to be a previous owner. Just a heads up incase another one pops up on your radar.🖖

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi. Jmbrad. I know this is a older post but I looked at one of these in my search. I never bothered to ride it after I researched it on line. Here is why. When the bikes came out they were selling for over 15k brand new. At the end of their run dealers were offering them for 5 to 7k brand new. Problems were as follows. Bad ergonomics for rider and 1up. Bad seat. Bad suspension, which caused poor handling. These things can apparently be improved somewhat, but will cost you some bucks. Owners said Honda didn't support the bike, and killed it's resale value. Much as they did with the crx1000, of which I happen to be a previous owner. Just a heads up incase another one pops up on your radar.🖖
Thanks for your observations. That CTX 1300 is a love it or hate it bike. Skrapiron loves his. I did ride one a few years ago, but don't remember much about it other than the handlebar vibration, which there's a fix for. It's really a niche motorcycle.

I'm definitely ready for an upgrade, but my pockets not.

Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I really like the looks of the bike. very pretty. I really like the engine on the bike should be very smooth. I considered test riding it, but I just couldn't get by the support issues, and possible resell value questions down the road. Hope I didn't insult Skrapiron. The moderators reviewed that post for 30 min before releasing it for public consumption. :oops:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts