Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I have succumbed to the dark side. I fell in love with a customized Road King at the Harley dealership a few months ago (way overpriced) and have been dying to get one ever since. Found a really great deal on a 2005 with 4K miles and a whole lot of extras. It has a 95ci Screaming Eagle Big Bore engine with Vance & Hines true duals, new battery, tires , adjustable air rear shocks, lowered forks, and just serviced. This bike rides like its on rails. Already have plans to make it my own. 16" Apes, chrome forks, and a 21" front wheel are in the mix. All that and the wife is letting me keep the Bully, too!! What a great Christmas! I wish all of you a Merry Motorcycle Christmas. Ride safe and God Bless! ImageUploadedByMO Free1387594675.852006.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1387594686.258956.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. T-man... How's it going with Ali? I haven't had much time lately to follow that thread. I think all you are doing is wonderful. This site is definitely filled with good folks.

Reactions: t-man403

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Congrats !!

Ya know, your gonna just love the dam thing.

I've had my Street Glide a whole year now. And honestly, my old Kawasaki Classic that I paid $8300 for brand new did a lot of things every bit as well as my Glide does.

But every time, and I mean EVERY time, I get off my Street Glide and walk away from it, I have to stop and turn back and take a look at it, and that look puts a smile on my face.

It doesn't do anything any better than any motorcycle I've ever owned. It does some things a lot worse.

But what it does do better is put a bigger smile on my face than any other bike I've ever owned.

I laugh my ass off at the haters that say..."you can't go as fast as me"...

"yours don't stop as good as mine"... "yours can't corner like mine can corner"...

I just smile and remember,....and yours doesn't bring you back to the essence of being an enthusiast like mine does.

We both know you wish you could be me.

Reactions: Al Shaw

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have had that smile all week. The definitely has soul. It sure is different than my C50. They are both great bikes in their own way. But like you said, Viper, there is a different all around feeling you have on a Harley. Only now I have to learn all over again how to maintain it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
gratz on new ride and getting to keep old one =) enjoy and merry x-mas

·
Registered
739 Posts
Really nice Bike, You're going to love it. Had mine for a month now (only had it out a few days before the snow came) but wouldn't look back. Plus I like the colour.
Congrats, Mac

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Nice bike , digging the fish tails.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great Xmas present! I like it, and am looking forward to updates on the customization (especially the apes!)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great Xmas present! I like it, and am looking forward to updates on the customization (especially the apes!)
Thanks. Yeah, you could call me lucky, cause the wife actually really doesn't like the stock look of the Road King. So, she tells me...you gotta put some Apes, a 21" front wheel, and chrome the forks. Then...it will look good. Uh...OK!!! I kind of thought I would have to wait awhile, since I just spent all this money, but you gotta keep the wife happy, right. Lol. Funny thing is...she gave me grief every time I spent money on the Bully.

·
Registered
21,667 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
You are very lucky..A wife that doesn't mind you having 2 bikes and can't wait for you to spend money on one.
DOES SHE HAVE A SISTER??????:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::moneyeyes:

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Nothing beats a white low mileage RK!
NICE! :)

My cousin swears by his 03 black RK. Has over 80k miles and never a wrench. Not even the cam chain parts. Nothing but amsoil for his loved one.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Very nice!!! Congratulations!!! and WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts